Best Indy whip for my budget?

merkymerx

Hey guys! I'm a little stumped in looking for the best and closest to screen accurate Indy whip that would fall somewhere in my budget of $200-$300. This whip will mainly be for cracking :)

I did a bit of researching here and on Google. I'm a little reluctant to get one from Todd's Costumes since I've read mixed reviews, but I'll look into it more. I certainly cannot afford a David Morgan or a Joe Strain. I was also going to get one from jrzjoe on eBay. But I'm glad I went ahead and researched first before buying from there haha!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks you guys!

:D

Last edited:
Is this for display or to crack?

Todd's is a fantastic diplay and occasional cracking whip

I also think there is a whip in the Junkyard that looks pretty good for a good price.

CHIndyStyleRaidersSideView.jpg

Is this for display or to crack?

Todd's is a fantastic diplay and occasional cracking whip

I also think there is a whip in the Junkyard that looks pretty good for a good price.

CHIndyStyleRaidersSideView.jpg

Oh my apologies I forgot to include the purpose! It'll mainly be for cracking. Edited my post :)

I'll try to search for more info on Todd's whips. Currently sounds like a good option!

Thanks for the heads up! Will check out the junkyard later!

Todds will probably be your only option.

A good whip for cracking for 2 to 3 bills is going to be tough to find

since this thread was already here, I thought I'd ask another question...does anyone know where I can get a passible replica that is not made out of real leather? As a vegetarian I'd like to find a pleather or vinyl one for display and maybe one or two cracks (since I probably cant resist). Just needs to look good.

There is one in the Junkyard by a member here for around your price.

You should check it out

Check out classicbullwhips.com, my whip is the one that is pictured above. All of my whips are designed to be cracked and not just displayed. I offer my whips in different materials (leather and nylon para cord) along with affordable price points. This year I had the pleasure of meeting Anthony De Longis (trained Harison Ford for Indy 4) and he tested out a few of my whips and was very happy with how they handled and cracked. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

-James

There he is.

I thought you took a break , good to see you back making fine whips at reasonable prices!

Check out classicbullwhips.com, my whip is the one that is pictured above. All of my whips are designed to be cracked and not just displayed. I offer my whips in different materials (leather and nylon para cord) along with affordable price points. This year I had the pleasure of meeting Anthony De Longis (trained Harison Ford for Indy 4) and he tested out a few of my whips and was very happy with how they handled and cracked. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

-James

Thanks Apollo for the kind words,

I did take a little time off about a year ago, I just have stopped doing the mass runs of whips that I had offered to people in the past. I still take orders through my site classicbullwhips.com and still offer quality whips that can be cracked at reasonable prices. I may try and offer a few whips on here when I can but the orders through my site keep me fairly busy.

If anyone ever has any questions about whips dont hesitate to ask me they don't even have to be mine I would be more than happy to answer any questions. I just want to see people get a good quality product with there hard earned money.

-James

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back