Best grip option for Vader ESB lightsaber?

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m trying to make my Vader ESB saber a little more accurate, and the biggest thing it needs is a grip upgrade. I have some of Roy’s grips, but the way they need to lay on this saber (raised at the pommel), I don’t think they have the flexibility. At least not enough to also stayed glued down at the the other end. Is there a trick to this I’m unaware of, or are there more flexible options that look just as good?

That’s how the original was. It’s also how I have them on mine. I use e6000 and never had a problem

For grips I only go with wannawanga ;)

I would actually recommend either GINO grips or Todd's Costumes grips for ultimate accuracy.

GINO is the most accurate when it comes to width x height dimension.
Todd's is the most accurate in terms of asymmetrical profile shape.

if you want to bend them a little, I'd tape them down somehow on the saber and hit them with a heat gun veerryy lightly.

the real prop has them screwed in place now. E6000 will actually fill the space left by the raised endcap, its like thick silicone glue

Thanks all for the input. I’d like to use the ones I have from Wannawanga, they just seem very rigid. I probably will try the heat gun method and see how that goes.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back