Best Christmas gift for you.

Lissavi

We've all been pressured by this Covid-19 situation, I, myself have been feeling anxious the past few months because I still worry for my Dad that is vulnerable to this virus even though he's doing well in isolation with Mom.

So I guess, with all that's happening around lately, as probably some of you has been feeling the same way with the current news in your area, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas as a reward for surviving this nightmare? I'd love to hear some of your tips. Thank you.

Btw, I'm planning to buy myself a few Mandalorian figurines this Christmas to add to my collections. :D

I really do not know the best thing to give oneself. My parental units are also vulnerable but luckily so far not in isolation. If you can get something to the people taking care of your parents and/or do something for those caring for your parents that would be very nice and appreciated. What brings me joy is helping another person, making another person's day better thru laughter/helpfulness/sharing joyfulness, giving of my skills and talents to another person. Continue to let your parents know you love them, maybe send them a handmade hug coupon, maybe a personalized card, maybe send them a caring note. Bb, F#, Ab, and G are some of my favorite notes...lol. This year I must have given over 25 hand-painted plaster figures/ornaments to friends and family. Usually every year at this time I hand paint about 8 plaster figures/ornaments. We all need to receive more kindness and joy this year.

Also suggesting to do joyful things that help keep your spirits and good feelings up. Music for me does calm this savage beast. Indulge in foods you like and/or give comfort, but suggest not overdo this. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I really do not have an answer. A person's source of joy/happiness is personal. All someone can do is suggest. Best of luck! These are my suggestions and humble opinions.

Thank you for your suggestions scarflikeness ! A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube and that it will ease my mind. Somehow it worked! Also, my Mom asked me to do facetime with them on Christmas eve, and I had fun! I've prepared enough food for Christmas and with a bottle of wine, I've enjoyed celebrating my Christmas on facetime with my parents and some relatives! :D
Btw, I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas to you and to everyone!
Top Ten COVID-19 Anxiety Reduction Strategies

Thanks. How are you doing now? It's almost the end of the year, I hope you can celebrate with your family again even just in face time on this important day! :)

Hi! I chose to celebrate New Year at work so I stayed overnight while I facetimed with my parents the whole night while I welcomed the New Year with workmates. We celebrated the New Year there with some food and wine as we were allowed to have a 2 hours break at work while we welcome the New Year. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

Bumping this thread - if either of you are still around, how have you been doing? Thanks Lissavi for the COVID anxiety strategies, I'm bookmarking those for future use. Hopefully you've been able to get vaccinated by now and your community is reopening post-COVID! Glad you got to facetime with loved ones and hopefully you can spend plenty of time with them in real life soon!
We're officially closer to the coming Christmas than the last one! I've really loved Super Mario Brothers since I was little, and as a not-so-little person in present day I've dreamed of this stunning rainbow yoshi customized glass piece by an incredibly talented glassblower in my area. I've had my eye on it for months and I guess this model's been sold now but I didn't have a thousand dollars to burn anyway, it's just something I've appreciated from afar (and still can!). I'd also love to treat myself to a new camera or painting supplies for my upcoming birthday as I've really wanted to get back into art as a more active pastime lately.
The Mandalorian figurines and hand-painted plaster figures sound really cool! I'd love to see pics if you have any.
Do you guys have anything new that you really want as a birthday or Christmas gift this year? Did anyone here get anything high on your list last year that they want to show off? :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back