Best Cap shield replicas?

Adam Savage modified the shield he purchased from Shield Labs and added the ring to the back. May not be perfectly movie accurate but i think it looks pretty nice! And Casey at Shield labs adopted it for all future shields he makes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201010-110725_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-110725_YouTube.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_20201006-185148_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-185148_Instagram.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 302
Adam Savage modified the shield he purchased from Shield Labs and added the ring to the back. May not be perfectly movie accurate but i think it looks pretty nice! And Casey at Shield labs adopted it for all future shields he makes.

FA7B72D4-21AB-45C3-BBF3-DEF06F9600CD.jpg

The correct rings and bracket on the back is available from a few makers

got a couple more images from thomas derrick who has (or had) a full metal screen used one.

he has declined to send any detailed measurements due to its value. but im asking if he can send anymore close up stills.

135919190_411183280305916_5772157292103335746_n.jpg

135739384_254327109372016_9152030465339971947_n.jpg

also found this image of an auctioned off screen used shield... doesnt seem like the blue metal is perfectly flush with the rest of the shield which is interesting.

WNWnyCVeTzWhiB8iPyzUSg.jpg

and if memory serves correct, wasnt there someone here who was looking into getting everything machined with his own CNC machine?

I got my measurements from the Propstore shield prop that went up for auction after the first movie came out.

Last edited:
got a couple more images from thomas derrick who has (or had) a full metal screen used one.

he has declined to send any detailed measurements due to its value. but im asking if he can send anymore close up stills.

View attachment 1408134
View attachment 1408135

also found this image of an auctioned off screen used shield... doesnt seem like the blue metal is perfectly flush with the rest of the shield which is interesting.

View attachment 1408137

and if memory serves correct, wasnt there someone here who was looking into getting everything machined with his own CNC machine?
I think that sunken in blue section and the star with deep grooves and lack of circular fake rivet marks on the star points suggests it may be an artist's rendition. It has sort of a painted look to it that's not quite like a photo-real depiction of a hero prop shield. Idk

I recently purchased a plastic one off Amazon.
Not looking for perfect screen accuracy or cosplay, just wanted something cool to hang on the wall.
What's the best way to hang these? I'm thinking of hanging it on my bedroom door, so I don't want a one-point mount (don't want it to swing when the door opens and closes). Probably need a two-point mount. Can't really go with the straps as the star wouldn't point up straight.

Any advice?

I was hoping by the time I finished reading all these pages, I would know what shield to purchase. Now I’m more confused than when I entered

It depends what you want.
It’s pretty clearly laid out here what shield is what.

The actual point of the thread is that there isn’t a definitive shield

So you havnt read the thread?
Because that’s what doesn’t exist
No ****. I read the thread in hopes finding out about the most accurate one available. Before entering the thread I was planning on purchasing the 75th anniversary one. Now I don’t know what I want to purchase, or if I even should at this stage. Hence the confusion.

No ****. I read the thread in hopes finding out about the most accurate one available. Before entering the thread I was planning on purchasing the 75th anniversary one. Now I don’t know what I want to purchase, or if I even should at this stage. Hence the confusion.

Again. It depends what you want.
Most accurate?
In every sense? Materials/ paint.
Just to look at?

If your looking at the 75th shield... it’s one of the least accurate out there.

The thread clearly lists the different shields and what they offer. I don’t understand your confusion.

The most accurate shield in a lot of peoples opinion is stated.
A few are.

It really depends what you want.
There isn’t just one shield so you gotta look at what you want and narrow it down that way

Again. It depends what you want.
Most accurate?
In every sense? Materials/ paint.
Just to look at?

If your looking at the 75th shield... it’s one of the least accurate out there.

The thread clearly lists the different shields and what they offer. I don’t understand your confusion.
Yes, most accurate in every sense. The best thing I can buy for my money. Before going in to the thread I assumed the 75th shield would be pretty close, since I would compare it to the legends props or the black series helmets. Not that those are 100% accurate, but pretty close.

Upon entering the thread, and reading what these differences are, that’s where the confusion comes in. What shield to purchase, if it’s even worth it at the moment without super accuracy being available, and of course learning more about the shield since I didn’t know squat about it before.

I don’t know if that makes sense, but it does to me. That’s where my jokingly toned comment came from. Since I had my intentions on one shield, now my eyes are opened wider

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back