Best Cap shield replicas?

I unfortunately have nothing constructive to add here but I just wanted to thank you guys for this thread, I've really enjoyed reading and seeing all the research. A Cap shield is my ultimate prop want.

The MCU shield has been around long enough for there to be a definitive prop replica, but aside from the Marvel Masterworks licensed "duplicate", with the claw marks, I haven't seen anything come close to true studio "Hero" quality.
The EFX prop suffered from barely noticeable grooves in the star section, even though being cast off an original, the low quality of that detail was a deal breaker for me.
The Masterworks version would of been a serious consideration, but the choice to do the Panther scratched detail kinda killed it for me personally (but hoping a "clean" version can be made).
Other than those versions, we've had offerings by King Arts, though ok, are undersized, which changes the proportions of the center section star, making it look off.
I'm interested in hearing insight and opinions on all the offerings of this prop, be it licensed or not.

I work for a packing company that runs alongside studios so are always .we had the GENUINE shields come through.Had six in total.Ranging from the bare metal one, to the painted ones. When i see all the expensive replicas they still do not match the genuine item. It makes me wonder if they have even seen it in person.

They never get the inside correct. The colours of the shield are not painted on either. I tried to get one made exactly as i remembered. Even had a couple personal pics. The colours were actually anodised. The star looked like a seperate piece. So the whole sheild would of been anodised red, then put on a diamond cutting machine to machine the silver bit. Then the little pieces around the shield were anodised blue. The inside looked like a seperate piece lasercut and mounted glued on as there was no hole ( from where it would of been lathed). Here is one of the pics i took. You can clearly see its anodised as it really pops.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 642
Hey guys I know Im late but Im tryring to replicate the masterworks or Efx shield on 3d printer and cast it in fiberglass or aluminum. Can someone with a EFX shield confirm my measurements? Thank you! Also can you measure the rivet head that hold the strap of the shield? Pic of the shield was taken from RPF member Chewi Thank YouView attachment 1059735View attachment 1059736View attachment 1059737

If you go back and review the posts from last year, there are pictures of the eFx shield and its measurements posted above.

I work for a packing company that runs alongside studios so are always .we had the GENUINE shields come through.Had six in total.Ranging from the bare metal one, to the painted ones. When i see all the expensive replicas they still do not match the genuine item. It makes me wonder if they have even seen it in person.

They never get the inside correct. The colours of the shield are not painted on either. I tried to get one made exactly as i remembered. Even had a couple personal pics. The colours were actually anodised. The star looked like a seperate piece. So the whole sheild would of been anodised red, then put on a diamond cutting machine to machine the silver bit. Then the little pieces around the shield were anodised blue. The inside looked like a seperate piece lasercut and mounted glued on as there was no hole ( from where it would of been lathed). Here is one of the pics i took. You can clearly see its anodised as it really pops.

It really is beautiful. Have any more pictures?

"Oh it appears that only five shields actually shipped" :cool:

THAT is the look I have always hoped for. That "pop" is something I have rarely seen replicated. In certain scenes of CA: TFA and the first Avengers movie, the silver portions are almost mirror-like. Beautiful...

It really is beautiful. Have any more pictures?
Hi, ive only got one pic from the rear of the shield... and one of me holding it. I dont want to put the puc up of me holding it as although these are now old, i sign lots of nda's as i handle alot of genuine film props directly from studios so would not want something to bite me in the ass... I love my job and love what i get to see behind the scenes. For example. Went to the cinema the other night with my son to watch Harley quinn. I had packed 3 props from the 4 trailers shown before the movie. Very cool.

Anyways, here is the pic from the back something I have NEVER seen replicated correctly.

THAT is the look I have always hoped for. That "pop" is something I have rarely seen replicated. In certain scenes of CA: TFA and the first Avengers movie, the silver portions are almost mirror-like. Beautiful...
The pop comes from the anodised finish and diamond cut silver section. Genuinely i was blown away by the finish. Being i deal with many genuine items most look quite poor upclose. Also a bit of a joke that if it looks **** then its more than likely real. Lol. These shields were perfection though.
The reason they pop compared to every other replica is because anodised can not be replicated with spray paint no matter how hard you try.

Like i said, being im into automotive tuning etc and love cb movies the work on this grabbed my attention. I instantly looked up close to see how it had been done as i wanted a replica for myself..

It looked like a multi piece shield.To me the whole thing was anodised red. Then the silver machined off as was the centre circle. The star was a separate piece as was the 5 blue pieces. This was then glued into place. As for the inside the structure was also fixed in place, possibly multiple pieces. Then completely painted a satin silver.

Hope this helps.

One day i will get round to making one

"Oh it appears that only five shields actually shipped" :cool:
Lol. Wouldnt dream of that. Id be locked and forgotten about and my great great grand kids would still be paying off the fine long after im gone.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 481
Hi, ive only got one pic from the rear of the shield... and one of me holding it. I dont want to put the puc up of me holding it as although these are now old, i sign lots of nda's as i handle alot of genuine film props directly from studios so would not want something to bite me in the ass... I love my job and love what i get to see behind the scenes. For example. Went to the cinema the other night with my son to watch Harley quinn. I had packed 3 props from the 4 trailers shown before the movie. Very cool.

Anyways, here is the pic from the back something I have NEVER seen replicated correctly.

Well, I came a little close... ;)

Shield5sm.jpg

Shield9sm.jpg

Link

Here's the screen used Endgame CA Shield.
Someone has to make this
Hey guys. Heres the guy from the link above who won the screen-used Endgame shield. He’s from michigan and stationed in the U.K. and seems to be a fellow fan. I wonder if he would be open to a member visiting his shield and really documenting the details. I don’t think anyone should badger this young man, but it seems like a unique opportunity to spend time with an actual screen used shield.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Heres the guy from the link above who won the screen-used Endgame shield. He’s from michigan and stationed in the U.K. and seems to be a fellow fan. I wonder if he would be open to a member visiting his shield and really documenting the details. I don’t think anyone should badger this young man, but it seems like a unique opportunity to spend time with an actual screen used shield.

His MI town is 37 miles from me. I'll volunteer to go spend some time with is shield.

Don't want to badger him, so if someone else makes contact, let me know.

He seems to be deployed in the UK right now. He seems to be a fellow geek. Let's not scare him off, but maybe he's open to it.

I would love to hear which shield is widely recognized as the most accurate? I am still looking to save up and get one. I continue to step away from the hobby and come back, hoping for a good idea haha

I would love to hear which shield is widely recognized as the most accurate? I am still looking to save up and get one. I continue to step away from the hobby and come back, hoping for a good idea haha
I personally think the Lager shields are pretty spectacular. I had my sights set on obtaining some KA (again) mostly because they were licensed. However the Lagers are metal, come with some nice additions and have that metal sheen that so many others seem to lack. I need to dig mine out of the closet for some proper photos soon-ish.

I personally think the Lager shields are pretty spectacular. I had my sights set on obtaining some KA (again) mostly because they were licensed. However the Lagers are metal, come with some nice additions and have that metal sheen that so many others seem to lack. I need to dig mine out of the closet for some proper photos soon-ish.

Same. Except they are only metal on the front- the back was resin (according to their Facebook) They went so quick. Haven’t seen them pop up for resale

Same. Except they are only metal on the front- the back was resin (according to their Facebook) They went so quick. Haven’t seen them pop up for resale
Yes I don't think many, if any, of the shields made were all metal. EFX supposedly had one planned but dropped the project and offered a Chris Evans SE plaque instead.

I'll have to set some time aside to post some proper photos.

would love to see detailed photos of the back of your shield!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back