Best Cap shield replicas?

These s from the HCMY unpainted version auction and something just looks off. The rings on the back are all sized wrong and I'd swear the back looks flat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190615-033509_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-033509_eBay.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Screenshot_20190615-033449_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-033449_eBay.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 348
RINGS ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE SHIELD...
Looking at the various versions of Captain America Hot Toys...
Is the Hot Toys a good reference for comparison with the 1:1 version?

Steven_Rogers_2012.jpgSteven_Rogers_2016.jpgSteven_Rogers_2018.jpg

I sent the seller a message regarding if they're still early enough in the prototype stage to revise their design to be more accurate (according to some of the specs we've determined here). I'll let you guys know what they say in response.

I sent the seller a message regarding if they're still early enough in the prototype stage to revise their design to be more accurate (according to some of the specs we've determined here). I'll let you guys know what they say in response.
Good thinking. The thickness on the edges could be pumped up too, but honestly for the price, it's not bad as it is now, but its time to go all the way on this prop.

As far as the thickness goes I don't know if the Chinese cast (then spun?) shields will ever go full thickness all the way through because of the weight. Wouldn't be surprised if they stick with the lip route they've been going with for the edge then the rest of the shield body is thinner.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to be willing to budge on the specs. Seems fair since they’d want to get their money’s worth first with this mold before considering a new design.

25.5” is a little big for my taste but this should be a decent option for the price for those who don’t mind it to be on the big side

Unfortunately they don’t seem to be willing to budge on the specs. Seems fair since they’d want to get their money’s worth first with this mold before considering a new design.

25.5” is a little big for my taste but this should be a decent option for the price for those who don’t mind it to be on the big side
Would 24" be the ideal size? I don't recall if we had settled on what would be the best option in that regard.
I have a Chris Fields shield which I think is 26 or 27". Definitely very big against my frame. The 24" shield looks proportional to me personally BUT I'm curious to see how this new shield will look in person.

Would 24" be the ideal size? I don't recall if we had settled on what would be the best option in that regard.
I have a Chris Fields shield which I think is 26 or 27". Definitely very big against my frame. The 24" shield looks proportional to me personally BUT I'm curious to see how this new shield will look in person.

Remember the eFx shield is larger then 24” but the Masterworks Shield is advertised as 24”.

I'm really curious about that because the Masterworks - based on the video reviews on YouTube - appears to be larger than 24".

Without those owners measuring it themselves we only have the official specs put out by the Disney shop to go on, everybody's frames are different sizes so we shouldn't guess just based on how big it looks being held in hand

Edit: In the comments of one of the YouTube unboxings somebody had asked what the diameter was and the owner liked a comment which said 24", which is the closest we'll get unless we contact them and ask

I just had a long conversation with Bryan at eFx regarding the Captain America shield. He worked with Studio Arts and Technology on developing the eFx shield and the Marvel Masterworks version. He is going to provide photos of the Masterworks version so we can compare.

He mentioned that most of the screen used shields after Captain America: The First Avenger were made out of fiberglass and rubber. The Hero versions in later films were made with both aluminum fronts and fiberglass backs.

The eFx shields are taken directly from the molds used by Marvel when making the films.

He has examined the screen used props and stated that the ones he looked at were one piece engraved shields. The center star was not a separate piece glued or welded onto the shield.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back