Best Cap shield replicas?

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The MCU shield has been around long enough for there to be a definitive prop replica, but aside from the Marvel Masterworks licensed "duplicate", with the claw marks, I haven't seen anything come close to true studio "Hero" quality.
The EFX prop suffered from barely noticeable grooves in the star section, even though being cast off an original, the low quality of that detail was a deal breaker for me.
The Masterworks version would of been a serious consideration, but the choice to do the Panther scratched detail kinda killed it for me personally (but hoping a "clean" version can be made).
Other than those versions, we've had offerings by King Arts, though ok, are undersized, which changes the proportions of the center section star, making it look off.
I'm interested in hearing insight and opinions on all the offerings of this prop, be it licensed or not.

Apart from the $4k Marvel prop exclusive version with the black panther scratches- no one has actually done a great replica that is:
Metal
correct size,
correct star size with grooves,
correct back of shield detail.
They all are missing one of those above details.

Im surprised. Nearly 10 years and no one has gotten it right
Lager toys did make one that looks closest one- but I've never been able to find one for sale (would love a lead if someone had one)- not sure on centre circle size though.. might be 1'' too big
81ZqLn2aZFL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, Relicmaker has. But he only made 10 of them, copied directly from the Prop Store of London screen used shield.

Apart from the $4k Marvel prop exclusive version with the black panther scratches- no one has actually done a great replica that is:
Metal
correct size,

Lager toys did make one that looks closest one- but I've never been able to find one for sale (would love a lead if someone had one)- not sure on centre circle size though.. might be 1'' too big
View attachment 1020102
Exactly! One of those details always missing!

Here's one I can't find much information on, from a company called Beast Kingdom. Looks like a re-branded EFX shield based on the shallow etch lines in the star...
Screenshot_20190519-201808_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190519-201822_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190519-201836_eBay.jpg

There is also this version available. Not much information on the website, so I'd have to send an email, but right away I can see it's been painted incorrectly (the groove edges left bare metal) but looks to have alot of features absent from other offerings...

There is also this version available. Not much information on the website, so I'd have to send an email, but right away I can see it's been painted incorrectly (the groove edges left bare metal) but looks to have alot of features absent from other offerings...

Nice find. I *think it’s a pressed Shield, so the detail is raised not machined. But it’s hard to tell

Metal
correct size,

View attachment 1020102

What is the one in this picture? Is it a pic of the Lager? I really want a nice version of the shield. Been looking at the metal cattoys version but I don’t know for sure because it looks pressed. The one in this pic looks nice.

What is the one in this picture? Is it a pic of the Lager? I really want a nice version of the shield. Been looking at the metal cattoys version but I don’t know for sure because it looks pressed. The one in this pic looks nice.

Yes lager.
But they are long sold out.

The cat toys is a pressed Shield

Yes lager.
But they are long sold out.

The cat toys is a pressed Shield

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations on something close to the Lager version? I like the version from the-armorfactory with the exception of the paint. The star and the blue looks great. Not sure if anyone has ordered from them to comment if they were happy with it.

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations on something close to the Lager version? I like the version from the-armorfactory with the exception of the paint. The star and the blue looks great. Not sure if anyone has ordered from them to comment if they were happy with it.

Unfortunately not- that’s kinda the point of this topic- no one has really made a truly accurate Shield :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back