Berserker (Mr Black) Bio Paint Up

leatherneck

Hey guys, just wanted to share a paint up that I just finished. I really should have taken pics along the way. I started off with a copper base, then went over that in spots with flat black leaving some of the copper showing through. The rest is done with a sponge and various metallic paints. The main color is Testors Gun Metal. I know this is the wrong place but since I only took one pic of it I have included my recent trophy, a Linberg Skull Kit. Comments are welcome!

DSCI0546.jpg

DSCI0545.jpg

DSCI0544.jpg

DSCI0543-1.jpg

DSCI0547-1.jpg

Very nice job on the bio man. Like the colors you used, nice job on the skull as well man.

Thanks! I am also working on a Francis Porche P1 that fell off of my wall. There was a little bit of damage that I repaired, just trying to come up with a paint scheme for it.

Awesome work on both items bro. I really dig the colors used on the helmet, it looks real.
What do you use to weathered the bio ? (Colors)

Awesome work on both items bro. I really dig the colors used on the helmet, it looks real.
What do you use to weathered the bio ? (Colors)

For weathering I used basic silver in the damaged areas and dry brushed copper and silver over the entire surface of the bio. For the actual paint up I used silver, copper, bronze, gold all sponged on with the final gun metal sponged on top of those layers. I tried using petroleum jelly on the damaged areas of the bio as a kind of liquid masking over the base cost of silver. It worked a little, a couple of areas allowed the silver and copper to show through giving it a nice effect.

Hope this answered your question

i really like the details paint-up skills that you apply on the bio, truly amazing & enjoy looking on it..........

Upper part of the helmet looks great, but the jaw is way too bleached-bone white. It is a good base, but you need a lot of heavy warm tones over it with only a bit of white coming through on the raised areas. Like this:

bersker_predator_bio_bone_reference.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome Cory. FYI, the sci-fi con is coming up in August in Santa Fe! Not sure if y'all made it to the con last month. It was bigger and better then the one in January.

Art you little tease! You are so sneaky that I don't think anyone realizes exactly what you just did there. Someone will see...I give it an hour or so...

So Art how about some more pics??? Is that the screen used bio you got there????

Actually I wasn't going for screen accurate, just my version of it. It looks a lot whiter in the pic than it is in person, not sure why. It was a little overcast when I took the pics yesterday. Thanks for the pic though, now lets see the rest of it.......

Looks awesome Cory. FYI, the sci-fi con is coming up in August in Santa Fe! Not sure if y'all made it to the con last month. It was bigger and better then the one in January.

Thanks!!! We made it the last day of the con. We lost one of our pets a few days before so we weren't really in the mood to go, but it did us some good. I picked up some nice Predator art work while we were there.

Not sure about the sic -fi con, we have family that will be here that weekend.

hmmm...me thinks art has the Mr Black stunt bio?

leatherneck, awesome job on the paint up for the bio. I really like how it has a worn black look to it and how you incorporated different colors to it. I do echo what Art mentioned though about the jaw bone.

Thanks!!! We made it the last day of the con. We lost one of our pets a few days before so we weren't really in the mood to go, but it did us some good. I picked up some nice Predator art work while we were there.

Not sure about the sic -fi con, we have family that will be here that weekend.

Sorry to hear about your pet

As for fam, I just had some cousins from New Orleans stay with me for a week. We took them hiking all over the place out here. Kinda feeling the sad lonely house now that they're gone again. I'm sure you'll enjoy having your fam in to visit. If they're game, hell, bring 'em to the con.

Here is another one that I finished today. This is my second attempt at the Wasp bio, I did this one really quick and learned something in the process. I used petroleum jelly as a masker for the weathering on it. I used a base coat of aluminum over the existing paint on the bio. This bio had recently fell off of the wall and had cracked in several places, so it needed a repaint. The petroleum jelly acted as a paint removed and when I went to wipe it off to expose the aluminum paint it took it completely off and exposed the old paint, which actually looked okay. Like I said, it was a quick paint job and it is far from perfect, but it is good enough to hang in my garage. This pic is taken while it is on the wall.

WaspBioGarage.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back