berserker dreads and neckring help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wolfff

well i plan to make berserker dreads but im not sure wat color the dreads are cuz i really don't have a good eye for color . also for neckring is there any cheap way to make em?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

munson

When I made my berzerker beads, what I used for color were acrylics from Wal-Mart/Michaels. The colors were: gunmetal, silver, gunmetal+black, burnt umber, and black.

I put burnt umber and black into the places where I thought dirt and grime would hide, in the recessed areas and on the tops of the beads where they would meet the dreads. I then just went over the bead with gunmetal and gunmetal+black. Next I added faint hints of burnt umber, then added silver to the areas where there might be edges [like where the top of the bead and the side meet]. I basically just added layers of these until I reached my desired look. After I reached the look I wanted, I then lightly put burnt umber and black in the recessed areas again.

Don't forget that all three beads differed in color a little. Mr Blacks are more of what I ended up with, Tracker's has more of a blue tint added to the Mr Black, and Falconer has more of a brown tint to the overall beads.

IMG_20110706_223533.jpg

Now for an inexpensive way to make a Mr Black neckring. You could use foamies from Michaels. Cut the foamies in the shape of a neck ring and then cut strips to add to the neck ring.

You should be able to find some pretty good picks of the neck ring here:

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=18070