berserker Bio first Paint up

Dalekidea

so after buying my first bio raw from casey , ive began to prep it for paint

i applied a primer grey first then a couple of layers of matt black , once left to set and dry i then lightly misted a copper paint over the helmet section with the jaw masked off with tape.

theres plenty of more steps to go , but let me know what you think and any tips would be apreciated for weathering.

biohelmetpaintup1.jpg

cheers
nathan

How the hell did you get it before me? Casey you got some explaining to do
Anyway the paint up is v cool, what I'd do is now respray the bio black so that the copper accents slightly show through.

How the hell did you get it before me? Casey you got some explaining to do
Anyway the paint up is v cool, what I'd do is now respray the bio black so that the copper accents slightly show through.

hey dude, this is a one of the early ones before smoothing as i preferred the clean but rough look.

but thanks for the tip i really apreciate it , im deciding over whether to spray it black and as you say so some bronze comes through , or whether to get some acrylic and drybrush all over very lightly.

we will see but thanks again

cheers mate , if any one can help me out on the lenses .. cant find any glasses lenses that fit , does any one have any tips on what to go for so it looks accurate to the berserker

pics coming later

cheers mate , if any one can help me out on the lenses .. cant find any glasses lenses that fit , does any one have any tips on what to go for so it looks accurate to the berserker

pics coming later

i had a pack of cd's and ontop theres a clear platic disc for protection here's little tip. spray it black on one side, let it dry. turn it over its black but as the otherside is not painted it still gives its reflection. then just mark them out for the eyes and cut out
celtic2.jpg

You beat Bryan to a bio?! That's a first!

lol

Anyway, the paint up looks promissing, can't wait for the updates. What style are you using to paint it up?

thanks for the tip wolf pred , but preferably i will need to see out as its for costume , i should have mentioned

and cheers munson, im just going to be using some black washes and drybrushing to bring out detail then look in to adding some greenish weathering .

i know when i buy goggles for when i ride dirtbikes they come with a clear lense cover its flexable and some dark tint from auto zone or something

wow~that's fast, I just saw the raw one in the other post and here is the painted one already, looks awesome man

i had a pack of cd's and ontop theres a clear platic disc for protection here's little tip. spray it black on one side, let it dry. turn it over its black but as the otherside is not painted it still gives its reflection. then just mark them out for the eyes and cut out
celtic2.jpg

I myself went to a local fabric store and bought this clear felxible squar peice of plastic that sewers use for I dont know what. But then I went to a automotive store and bought some window tint and tinted mine lomo black. Anyone who has purchased one of my older lids has this. Another way is to use lenses from a cheap pair of sunglasses. I have had great results with both.

yeah man

right so after the bronze application , i painted a belt leather brown colour on the jaw bone as a base coat , then slowly work up on the colours.

i used mixes of white , bleached , browns all kinds , overall not 100% happy with the jaw . please leave me some feedback on the jaw paint up as i would like to know what you guys think because maybe its just because ive spent so long doing it.

DSC09469.jpg

after that had dried i began working on making the bronze not look as if it came straight out of the box kind of look, so useing tips, i grabbed a sponge and a tad of black paint and worked it in to all the lower areas of the bio and it gives it a lovely tone , very happy on that behalf.

not much more to do but let me know what you think ;)

DSC09465.jpg

DSC09466.jpg

its weird how different it looks in different lighting

nathan

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back