Benson from the Regular Show

joewhite

Sr Member
Well, my son got me again! He asked me if I could build him another character. It's hard to tell him no especially when we both pretty like much the same stuff. In this case it's Benson from The Regular Show. We instantly fell in love with this character! I mean...a gumball machine boss who flies off the handle in the blink of an eye! He's awesome!

YEAH HE IS!

bson.png

Here's is the start of my build. The head will be made of a 4" plastic globe putting the height of the finished figure somewhere around 7-10"....

bson-head-1.jpg

....his face and eyes....

bson-head-2.jpg

....the start of his "hat"....

bson-cap-2.jpg

bson-cap-1.jpg

....next, his body. It started off as an old, dirty paint plastic paint jar. Then it was laminated with sheet styrene. The bits also styrene....

bson-body-1.jpg

bson-body-2.jpg

...early progress of clipboard...

bson-clipboard-1.jpg

...there you have it. More to come later.

Joe

wow, sweet! i also love watching REGULAR SHOW and ADVENTURE TIME with my kids...I did sculpey diorama/figures of Mordecai, Rigby and Benson all together, but in a much smaller scale...I'll try to get a pic up.

love to see this sort of thing...very nice...thanks for posting.

also, get another acrylic ball and you could make POPS next! ;)

Dude, I'd love to see your figs of the other characters. Yeah, I've thought about making a Pops. Only I'd be tempted to build the rest of them and I suck at sculpting currently.

Joe

LOVE Regular Show, watch it all the time.

Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Yeah, dude, I saw your avatar around TheRPF. Mordecai is actually my fav character. That damn voice is so funny! I didn't believe JG Quintel acually talked like that until I saw a YouTube vid!

Joe

Recently, I've been digging out old started builds from the last move. Here's one I'm going to continue. First, I need to come up with a good hidden support system being as how Benson's legs are super thin. Then I need to finish up the face. I laser cut this face myself but I recently used Rhino to make a template of the face projected onto a similar sized 3D ball. I'm going to vac-form thin styrene and cut out a contoured face. After that it's really just gluing on the details and painting all them gum balls.

tackfit_zps018fd2b8.jpg

Joe

Maybe you could paint 12 or 14 gauge house electrical wire for the arms, the single strand copper kind.

You would have to make the hands and blend everything, but it might work.

James, right on. I was thinking of something similar. For the legs, I might just pic up some steel rods at Lowes. If all else fails, I might construct something along the lines of a stop-motion puppet armature coming out of the back. Won't be animated but it'll do the job and it might make it look more important. LOL!

Joe

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back