Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Have you got the scaling for the cloth texture right? Maybe make it a bit bigger or give it more depth?
Not got the scale as yet I’m looking at many many different weave patterns to which matches best.
I will be making it a deeper more visible weave so it’s slightly visible when they are painted
I’m going over the design to make the other details slightly deeper and more visible as an earlier failed test print just didn’t do it for me

Wow! looks incredible!
Thanks Jeremy, just got the test print off and a quick blast of white primer to check out the details, not impressed at all
0A13FD28-9762-4CFC-98DC-A90E27D78162.jpeg
Bad layer lines doesn’t help, just can’t see enough deformed shape

I’ve tweaked the details to be even more deeper and raised, putting the print on now and I will see in the morning
image.jpg

It might not even work as I’m trying a few different settings

Last edited:
Really nice work on these. I have been trying to figure out how to make a functional replica but may just have to scrap it if you can get the details squared away. Great job!

Really nice work on these. I have been trying to figure out how to make a functional replica but may just have to scrap it if you can get the details squared away. Great job!
Thanks fella

The details are really tiny and every picture I /we all see are enlarged,
it’s a little confusing when I have a very small item in my hand expecting to see lots of curves and creases,
I know they are there but hard to notice on the actual scaled piece

Once you start offering all the parts, I really need to do an inventory check of my VR stuff to see what´s due for an upgrade or completely missing as of yet

Thanks so much for keeping up the great work!

Thanks fella

The details are really tiny and every picture I /we all see are enlarged,
it’s a little confusing when I have a very small item in my hand expecting to see lots of curves and creases,
I know they are there but hard to notice on the actual scaled piece

Very true.....scouring over the photos gives a false sense of perspective. You also see details that are not readily seen by the naked eye......details so small, I’m not sure a 3D printer can capture but really appreciate you pushing the limits.

Version 3 of the ribbed hose left side
Quick print with different settings than the first 2 on my Mars 2 pro and a quick blast of grey primer
BD760265-F669-4169-AECA-C57BD724F9DF.jpeg
2CD59D9B-066B-4FC3-A1D2-7602FE9D3C73.jpeg
Needs a little more refinement, but my laptop won’t handle the finer mesh details I want to go to, it just slows it down so so much or crashes
So I’m going to give this a little clean up and spay it with grey gloss.
I think with the gloss it will reflect the details and make it look so much better than a dull primer
kurtyboy any specific grey I should be using ?

I couldn’t wait so I tried a green base, because I see a green coloured hose under the grey
I then did a std grey with a tiny spot of black
I waited until the grey was nearly dry then knocked the grey back slightly with a damp cloth to show a hint of green base
Each photo is the same hose, just under a different light
4AFCEB69-CB6A-4357-A999-509D4A793D82.jpeg
138A5B6F-3866-4B79-9033-9E6C53323761.jpeg
3CF9B8FA-C20C-4B6D-99CA-E6DB2AFE8D3C.jpeg
This is the original hose, taken a picture of my iPad screen with my phone

image.jpg
It does have a hint of green under the grey

Looks good....might be an optical illusion but the ribs look like they should be slightly larger. Also, I’m noticing that the hose looks like it is bent in 2 ways - the main bend (x and y axis) and the bend that follows the contour of the mask at the bottom (z axis).

Looks good....might be an optical illusion but the ribs look like they should be slightly larger. Also, I’m noticing that the hose looks like it is bent in 2 ways - the main bend (x and y axis) and the bend that follows the contour of the mask at the bottom (z axis).
Working on the bends, ribs are ok for size

image.jpg
image.jpg
With bends

Great work Ben.It needs only a little bit more texture between the rings.But I think thats not so easy to create with a 3D programm.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back