Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Absolutely no idea, many years of searching and still nothing to show
If the reveal community knew we wouldn’t have to make are own from scratch, like I’ve had to
I STILL say it is some type of European drain of some kind? Maybe tube or something? Or as you said a "Plug" of some kind?

I STILL say it is some type of European drain of some kind? Maybe tube or something? Or as you said a "Plug" of some kind?
You say what you like, but we have all been down the same rabbit hole searching for years for plug tops and drain toppers alike (worldwide)
Return of the Jedi was filmed at Elstree studios and the Vader helmet was built there by the prop department, why would they use a European plug when they had U.K. plumbing materials at hand
If you want to search for plug tops, by all means give it a go, but trust the Vader community when we are 99.99999999999% sure it’s not
But please keep us informed on your search results

You say what you like, but we have all been down the same rabbit hole searching for years for plug tops and drain toppers alike (worldwide)
Return of the Jedi was filmed at Elstree studios and the Vader helmet was built there by the prop department, why would they use a European plug when they had U.K. plumbing materials at hand
If you want to search for plug tops, by all means give it a go, but trust the Vader community when we are 99.99999999999% sure it’s not
But please keep us informed on your search results
When I say "European" I mean to include the UK. And I say that because like with other things used for SW Props, some of them were from Germany and other places.
And like I said they just used found "STUFF/Junk" that looked interesting.

But I bow to the wisdom of the RPF Community as to know what something IS or Isn't!

I would SO LOVE to pick the brains of those that built this stuff! LOL :D

When I say "European" I mean to include the UK. And I say that because like with other things used for SW Props, some of them were from Germany and other places.
And like I said they just used found "STUFF/Junk" that looked interesting.

But I bow to the wisdom of the RPF Community as to know what something IS or Isn't!

I would SO LOVE to pick the brains of those that built this stuff! LOL :D
As I'm SURE we ALL would love to do that!

E3FE86C8-0DAF-486C-A2F0-10357F186D7E.jpeg

happy with that

While filling and rubbing more of my helmet crown and waiting for more filler to dry and in between painting some figurines I was able to work on redesigning what I call the nose guard,
with the help of another member I was able to rescale and alter my original design to a much better one,
this is still working progress as there are some little design features we need to work out
This was designed in fusion 360 and resin printed on an elegoo Mars 2 pro
Primed, then gloss black and 2 coats of alclad ll chrome
It was a quick turnaround so the quality is not as good as it could have been
F20D31CD-67D2-446D-A659-C430D01DBCC2.jpeg
27E97B57-D199-462F-97DF-042B0D673557.jpeg
49B807B7-E3B2-4AB3-9DC1-B121AE2B06E8.jpeg
5A1174C5-D873-4AB2-9CD6-34949B933DC6.jpeg

We are also working towards having these in metal and chrome plated

Thanks fella
How are you doing ?
not heard from you in a while
I´m fine thanks.Working on other props now...but I´m happy that the "Vader Reveal fever"is not gone.Haha.
Lost a little bit the interest about this prop last year..But I also cutted out the raw vents for the dynodes at my VP casting..so the project is also not dead.
But this project is so much work...it needs your full attention.

I´m fine thanks.Working on other props now...but I´m happy that the "Vader Reveal fever"is not gone.Haha.
Lost a little bit the interest about this prop last year..But I also cutted out the raw vents for the dynodes at my VP casting..so the project is also not dead.
But this project is so much work...it needs your full attention.
I know how you feel, I took a little step back while doing other things, 3D printers came into my life, then 3D designing for the printers, then resin printers,
oh boy !!
got busy on other stuff and put the helmet on the back burner,
Now I’m having another go 2021 I’m going to finish it
I think !! :lol:

I know how you feel, I took a little step back while doing other things, 3D printers came into my life, then 3D designing for the printers, then resin printers,
oh boy !!
got busy on other stuff and put the helmet on the back burner,
Now I’m having another go 2021 I’m going to finish it
I think !! :lol:
Its not important how fast...its only important how good it is at the end.
I also wanna buy a 3D printer...but hoping every new year for a better and faster model.But its still the same stuff. :unsure:

While filling and rubbing more of my helmet crown and waiting for more filler to dry and in between painting some figurines I was able to work on redesigning what I call the nose guard,
with the help of another member I was able to rescale and alter my original design to a much better one,
this is still working progress as there are some little design features we need to work out
This was designed in fusion 360 and resin printed on an elegoo Mars 2 pro
Primed, then gloss black and 2 coats of alclad ll chrome
It was a quick turnaround so the quality is not as good as it could have beenView attachment 1440127View attachment 1440129View attachment 1440130View attachment 1440131
We are also working towards having these in metal and chrome plated
Now WHAT Part is THIS on the Reveal???

These came off the printer and I rushed to get a couple painted up
Only when I finished with the second coat alclad ll I notice a small detail hadn’t printed (MASIVE SIGH) I only cursed a little
So here’s a little look at what the new version will look like (ISH)
0CDBD2EC-F5E8-42BD-99EB-50355AA4D583.jpeg
4DABA4F2-69AE-44D0-BB7E-F591C43A87C2.jpeg
7332F323-99FE-4BF4-8FF8-EC1AB2186C2B.jpeg
They still might change

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back