Beneath the Planet of the Apes - Gorilla Machine Gun Sctrach Build Prop weapon

Very nice, I love them.

Are you going to do a run of them for us :love

Kelso

I would LOVe to offer a run on all three Apes weapons - but each are hand crafted and all the parts are hand made. There is no practical way of making a run like a resin cast. Each would have to be patterned and cut from scratch. :cry The time and cost would be prohibitive. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sorry.

If someone is DYING to get one - I could use mine as the pattern and make another - but is would be expensive. :confused

So this is likely a one time shot.

Gordon

Great job again Gordon.

You certainly don't hang around on these!

So what's next? How about a man catcher and an original turkey leg club?

There's always the Alfa Omega (full size).

did you fashion the machinegun body from scratch, or did you work to a plan/ blueprint? I appreciate you won't be doing it as a kit, but if you had a plan for the wooden parts I'd love to get someone this side of the pond to fabricate.

Jeez, buddy; those things look like a monkey made 'em.
Oh...
...that's the whole idea.
Nevermind.

Seriously,
really nice work producing a viable prop replica out of commonly available materials!

Mike

did you fashion the machinegun body from scratch, or did you work to a plan/ blueprint? I appreciate you won't be doing it as a kit, but if you had a plan for the wooden parts I'd love to get someone this side of the pond to fabricate.

The measurements and patterns are from scratch. I had one reference photo and an M76 S&W Machine gun for size. The Machine gun - is definately the BEAR to make. Lots of cuts and rough hand tooling carving out the details by hand. The construction is rugged. The barrel is copper tubbing. I wanted it to stand up to handling.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I would be willing to share information on the sizes and build.

I love the RPF and its members. A few kind words of encouragement makes the work worth while.:love:love:love

I will share the infor for anyone who wants it. :love

Gordon

Last edited:
Those babies are gunna sing when you put the slings on Gordon, great stuff.
The only replica i ever wanted from the original is that magnificent survival pack repro put youve put some "whitlin" and "sandin" on my mind.

As a kid, snuck in my bros car at the drive in, the thing that scared me the most were the scarecrows, might have a go at a 1/16 version.

Ape awesomeness. I luv it.

Thank you for the kind comments. Jessica I would like to see photos of the Apes costumes you have !!!! :cool

Since there is a lot of interest - I decided to make a couple of machine guns or Apes pistols or rifles for those who want them. I have the set up to make the builds before I go back to my Yamato Pistol project. I can't do many - I have already promised one Machine gun. Each will be unique scratch builds and no two will be the same. But - Apes armorers outfitted a whole army the same way. It reminds me of Orcs gearing up in the Lord of the rings - fast - rough - and effective. :love

I will open a thread in the junkyard for the Apes Machine gun. But I work full time - have kids - and very little time. I don't want to commit too many as I can only crank them out one at a time. I will paint and finish it the same way mine is done in the photos.

Thanks for all the support. :love:love:love

Anyone with good pics of Linda Harrison - PLEASE share them! Jessica had some awesome ones. When I saw planet of the apes I was kid and fell completely in love with the silent beauty in the films !! :$

Gordon

I don't have any other ape costumes except for the one I always wear:
dsc04441z.jpg

dsc02037.jpg

And the ones I made for my kids:
dsc03066.jpg

Here's a box of raw appliances:
fuji015.jpg

fuji014.jpg

And the apes I had to hide in my bedroom so party goers would not touch them with their filthy human hands:
fuji012.jpg

I do have a brass replica of Julius's cage key, and it's boxed up somewhere. I keep forgetting to take a photo with it when I am in costume because there are way too many things going on when I have to be in costume that I'm lucky if I remember to bring drinking straws with me.

I don't have any other ape costumes except for the one I always wear:
dsc04441z.jpg

I do have a brass replica of Julius's cage key, and it's boxed up somewhere. I keep forgetting to take a photo with it when I am in costume because there are way too many things going on when I have to be in costume that I'm lucky if I remember to bring drinking straws with me.

Jessica,

THANK you for sharing the picks - The costume is AWESOME !!! I love it !! The appliances look like they are right out of the film !!!

Too bad Zira was NOT the gun weilding type - but Taylor managed a kiss !! :cool

Taylor was too cool in those days.

Gordon

awesome work on the machine gun. Its such a great build it looks right outta the movie or Tv series. yea each weapon would look differnt as each one a stock would be carved from hand for each set of gun parts until it was a functional weapon.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back