Bender Rodriquez

rusty123

Many thanks to the mighty Birddog for the inspiration to attempt my own Bender costume. This is my second attempt at making one. Previously I had a bash at making a Buzz Lightyear costume but it didn't quite workout - a few rookie mistakes combined with a blissfully ignorant dive right in attitude without really knowing what I was doing saw to that, but undeterred I'm giving it another go because despite the fact the last attempt is now buried in a landfill somewhere (RIP Buzz) I thoroughly enjoyed the process and learned from my mistakes (a bit) :)

After a trip to Halfords to buy some interlocking foam mats and commandeering the kitchen table for three weeks I'm almost finished (just the trousers/pants to finish)

I took a few piccy's during the build that I'll try and upload later

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
All finished!!

(Thanks mainly to the wife's sowing skills)

Just a few labels to transplant onto the beer bottles and a planet express logo for the cool box to do and it's time to PAAAART....TAY

I've even compiled a few of Bender's best insults and best known phrases into a collection of MP3 files, loaded them onto the phone and allocated each file as unique tones for friends numbers who'll be at the party to blast out of the speaker I allowed for in the neck collar.

The cozzy has turned out better than I thought it would......bigger too (I've included a piccy of it sat on a chair beside my daughter (who's 5'7" tall) to demonstrate the scale)

Once again many thanks to the Birddog for the inspiration

08.jpg

nice work!

(it is a new/odd feeling seeing the costume I created replicated..)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back