Ben Kenobi Secret Lightsaber Box

Probably an off the shelf item that was weathered.
You can see where the locking mechanism plates where removed and somewhat filled in.

obi-wan-kenobi1x01_3295.jpg
obi-wan-kenobi1x01_3296.jpg

Thank you all, especially for the approx. dimensions. I agree on the 15” x 6” x 6”, or nearly that. The “knot” certainly seems to be a water/weathering stain, but I am not an expert.

Looking forward to learning more. Thanks again and MTFBWYA.

There are usually multiple backups of any prop. It is probably one of the spare boxes that was used in a different take and was edited to complete the scene.

There are usually multiple backups of any prop. It is probably one of the spare boxes that was used in a different take and was edited to complete the scene.
I doubt this is the case here to many exact matches in the worn edges and in the wood grain where visible in both images.

Pure speculation but I think the StarWars.com image looks like it might be a preproduction shot and maybe they added a darker stain as it looks like it might be darker and hiding more wood grain than in the screen cap. Of corse any coloring and detail loss could always be attributed to the quality of the video and screen grab.

Too many of the same artifacts in the wood, check out the magnet lock, and how the oval pattern matches, then look at the big gash in the end of the box to the right of the oval lock

I’m also willing to bet that box is a found item, I have been looking for it since I first saw it

I made a display box inspired by this.

Buried4.png

The wooden box came with whiskey glass set used in Star Trek: Picard I ordered from the Amazon:
Buried1.png
Sanded off the label from the top and rounded corners:
Buried2.png

My first ever attempt to do some wood burning. A nice activity for the summer vacation. :cool:
Buried3.png
Though lessons were learned. The wood didn't burn under the glue residues on the corner so I still need to fix those with a paint or dark wood wax. Also the heat made the wood shrink and that cracked the top of the box. But I think it is still okay.

And some love for Roman's ANH Graflex and Buried Hope:
Buried.png

Probably still need to do a false bottom or something else to bring the sabers up to be more visible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back