Ben Kenobi Secret Lightsaber Box

division 6

Master Member
Probably an off the shelf item that was weathered.
You can see where the locking mechanism plates where removed and somewhat filled in.

obi-wan-kenobi1x01_3295.jpg
obi-wan-kenobi1x01_3296.jpg

Cyroceon

Thank you all, especially for the approx. dimensions. I agree on the 15” x 6” x 6”, or nearly that. The “knot” certainly seems to be a water/weathering stain, but I am not an expert.

Looking forward to learning more. Thanks again and MTFBWYA.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
There are usually multiple backups of any prop. It is probably one of the spare boxes that was used in a different take and was edited to complete the scene.
I doubt this is the case here to many exact matches in the worn edges and in the wood grain where visible in both images.

Pure speculation but I think the StarWars.com image looks like it might be a preproduction shot and maybe they added a darker stain as it looks like it might be darker and hiding more wood grain than in the screen cap. Of corse any coloring and detail loss could always be attributed to the quality of the video and screen grab.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Too many of the same artifacts in the wood, check out the magnet lock, and how the oval pattern matches, then look at the big gash in the end of the box to the right of the oval lock

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.