Behold My Finished Galatica helm !!!!

mr.predicta

As I promised I have the helm project complete for Wonderfest this last week .
For you that could not attend and see it in person here are a few pictures of it on display .
For some reason the Leds In purchased had a few white light LEDs that have a yellow tint Not too sure why they came that way but I had to use them for the convention.The lights use a 9v battery and would last all day so Im happy with the lighting system.I use a 3M difraction plastic to difuse the light .also pictured is the Galatica plaque I will be incorporated into the custom base I found this at the convention and worked out a deal with the designer to supply them for this project.
so what you see is what the final piece will look like.
any questions PM me or drop me a line at predictamike@yahoo.com
Thanks.
MSL

HOLY SMOKES. That is awesome...
How does the chin piece work? is the rod fixed to the chin or the helmet?
Just wondering.
Awesome awesome work.

Very pretty.

I had the same thing happen on the white LEDs. Some were white and some were off white with a slight blue tinge. As it turned out, a good mishap that actualy worked out well for the project I was doing at the time.

<div class='quotetop'>(burningman @ May 29 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1252758[/snapback]</div>
HOLY SMOKES. That is awesome...
How does the chin piece work? is the rod fixed to the chin or the helmet?
Just wondering.
Awesome awesome work.
[/b]

Thanks.
The chin slides on two small antennas fixed to the jaw piece.see some of what was written on this helm in the costume forum it may go into a bit more detail.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jayn @ May 29 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]1252936[/snapback]</div>
:eek :eek :thumbsup

AWESOME... I can't tell it apart from the show's.

Jayn
[/b]

Thats was the Idea Im trying to get as close to the actual Prop as possible
I dont want to have any customers finding a better one.
I hope I hit the mark

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back