Beginning of a predator. Bio, Cannon, Guantlets, Disc.

digisloth

Hey guys I need some opinions. I started working on this bio about a week ago and while it's not conventional (I have no sculpting skills what so ever). I'm rushing it along to try and get it finished. Now it's actually rather crooked/lopsided but I've tried my best to hide this by filling etc. It's to fit my face anyway, and not a mask.

What I need from you guys is some suggestions because I'm out of ideas. In the picture the right side flares out more than the left...(alot more than it shows in this pic, this was taken with sculpting done which for some reason did not take to the mask, probably because it was drywall putty and I didn't give it enough time to set although three days is a long time). Aaaahhhh!

Back on topic...what can I do? Any ideas? or just build it up again? And please, don't bash my skills because I know they are not up to par with the majority of you hahaha....any and all help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

predbio.jpg

It's not that bad, you could layer it up with some bondo just do a little at a time

I will definately try to give that a shot. Hopefully it holds up a little better than the drywall putty did, it was thick but for some reason insanely flakey...might have just been too old to use.

Drywall putty is no good...it takes an age to set if you layer it on thick, and is flaky no matter what. Bondo will work well, just use it in small amounts.

I make a lot of stuff in cardoard! For some things, I cover them with wood putty. It's very strong and once sealed makes a serious form. It is very heavy though. Bondo is a great substitute. I would strongly suggest that you get some resin and hardener, and start playing with fiberglass. Just take extra precautions or that stuff will end up in other clothes. I don't use glass fiber much. cardboard and resin can make some incredible items! Good start on the mask. Keep posting pix!

Ok so the topic has changed a bit. What started as just a bio has turned into more. I'm not particularly proud of the bio/dreads but they will have to do for now.

However I have also made a disc, cannon, and the beginning mold for the wrist blade guantlet. Let me know what you guys think! This should probably be under suit in progress now but I figure I don't have armor yet or a suit so this is the place for it. Could be wrong.
Anyway, the disc is an old spiderman 3 frisbee/foam, the cannon is two paint can tops and an old lightsaber handle. The guanlet is foam base, covered with paper mache, waiting for it to dry before sanding/painting and adding the blades which are also drying.... I gotta work more on the disc, it still blatantly show's "3" haha...it'll all be worked out.

Again thanks for the positive reponses regarding my bio...I really do appreciate it. I now know that the Lair really is a place of obsession, as this is now my own. Haha.

pred9.jpg

pred8.jpg

pred7.jpg

pred6.jpg

pred4.jpg

pred3.jpg

pred2.jpg

Ok so the topic has changed a bit. What started as just a bio has turned into more. I'm not particularly proud of the bio/dreads but they will have to do for now.

However I have also made a disc, cannon, and the beginning mold for the wrist blade guantlet. Let me know what you guys think! This should probably be under suit in progress now but I figure I don't have armor yet or a suit so this is the place for it. Could be wrong.
Anyway, the disc is an old spiderman 3 frisbee/foam, the cannon is two paint can tops and an old lightsaber handle. The guanlet is foam base, covered with paper mache, waiting for it to dry before sanding/painting and adding the blades which are also drying.... I gotta work more on the disc, it still blatantly show's "3" haha...it'll all be worked out.

Again thanks for the positive reponses regarding my bio...I really do appreciate it. I now know that the Lair really is a place of obsession, as this is now my own. Haha.

The hell did you do to that light saber :) Good stuff keep it up

The hell did you do to that light saber :) Good stuff keep it up

Hahaha man I am making the super budget build of budget builds. I'm trying to find everything around the house I can, and I'm not sticking to fine details if you couldn't tell. I'm currently building armor with old blinds...it won't turn out looking like anything professional but it's a start. A mask makes everything, so I'm really trying to save up right now to nab a good one since I don't want a rubies POS, and of course I'm not overly thrilled with the one I made myself. I really should have made a half attempt at a mold instead of just clumping together paper mache hap hazardly. But eh....

Today I built up the gauntlets more, which I dont have pics of...but I can post some tomorrow. Blades are still drying as I coated the other size with paper mache too to try and give them a bit of strength. I got lights on the other guantlet and it's just an old house alarm button pad but it works haha.

Dude You can build your armor from paper mache if u want. newspapers and glue are both cheap. Just watch a lot of mythbusters - the other day they made a crossbow from glue and chinese newspaper, rubber bands and fired the plastic fork arrow. It penetrated a ballistic gel dummy's neck 1 inch deep.

Dude You can build your armor from paper mache if u want. newspapers and glue are both cheap. Just watch a lot of mythbusters - the other day they made a crossbow from glue and chinese newspaper, rubber bands and fired the plastic fork arrow. It penetrated a ballistic gel dummy's neck 1 inch deep.

MAN! That is crazy!

I figured I could make the armor from paper mache, but..come on...do you SEE what the bio looks like? Hahahaha. The guantlet only came out half decent because it had a foam base. I started with just a dream and ended up with a lop sided overly long headed bio. -lol- Uhm...we'll just say I need time to master the craft? I tried that pepakura stuff first to at least get a good bio to work from, yeaaaahhh I could not figure it out for the life of me. Call me dumb. I just ended up with a bunch of cut up pieces and I didn't know how to fold it.

Embarassing.

MAN! That is crazy!

I figured I could make the armor from paper mache, but..come on...do you SEE what the bio looks like? Hahahaha. The guantlet only came out half decent because it had a foam base. I started with just a dream and ended up with a lop sided overly long headed bio. -lol- Uhm...we'll just say I need time to master the craft? I tried that pepakura stuff first to at least get a good bio to work from, yeaaaahhh I could not figure it out for the life of me. Call me dumb. I just ended up with a bunch of cut up pieces and I didn't know how to fold it.

Embarassing.

Don't be too hard on yourself about your sculpting skills dude, you gotta start somewhere. Besides, the bio isn't that bad, you can tell what it's supposed to be and that's what counts.

You'll learn to keep symmetry in your sculpts with time. I've been sculpting 4 years now and still find trouble with symmetry. Just keep stepping back from your sculpt and look at it, also hold it up infront of a mirror. Seeing the reflection will point out all the differences in the sculpt if any and you can see what you need to fix right away :)

Keep it up dude, you got a good start going.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back