Beginner's Grail Diary (Printable Pages + Inserts)

Another Smaller Group of Pieces I'm working on before my move, haven't seen them updated in years so thought it was worth a shot. Hope this comes in handy when making your Diary's envelope!
Kind Regards
Celeste

Attachments

• Grail Diary Envelope Address.png
    Grail Diary Envelope Address.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
  • Venezia Italia Stamp.png
    Venezia Italia Stamp.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Poste Italiane 50 Cent Stamp.png
    Poste Italiane 50 Cent Stamp.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 162
General Question, but do you ever see the lable for package the giary is sent in one screen, I can't seem to find it. If not, what is the source. All the replicas I've seen have the package addressed to Prof. Indiana Jones. This seems anacronistic as his father only refers to Indy as Indiana at teh end of the film. All the way through he calls him Junior. It would therefor seem more likely that the package would be addressed to Prof. H. Jones jnr.

General Question, but do you ever see the lable for package the giary is sent in one screen, I can't seem to find it. If not, what is the source. All the replicas I've seen have the package addressed to Prof. Indiana Jones. This seems anacronistic as his father only refers to Indy as Indiana at teh end of the film. All the way through he calls him Junior. It would therefor seem more likely that the package would be addressed to Prof. H. Jones jnr.

I like your reasoning and yes i agree, hence why in out "journal(s)" the grail diary is addressed to "jr" also any reference to indy my snr. is "jr" not "indy" or "henry jr." just "jr".

Here's the Garden of Earthly Delight page i did in photoshop using images from when propstore had the grail diary up for sale, check out Adam Savage video on Youtube also the picture of it have folded up in my diary and also two pages i made up the last supper page and the last page of the diary, plus i too have often wondered about the address label as all replicas show it as Prof. Indiana Jones including the one photoed on page 174 of the fantastic book FROM STAR WARS TO INDIANA JONES THE BEST OF THE LUCASFILM ARCHIVES.

Attachments

• last page.JPG
    last page.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 170
  • last supper page.JPG
    last supper page.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 162
  • garden of earthly delight page.JPG
    garden of earthly delight page.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 168
  • insert99a.JPG
    insert99a.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

The source for the label is the picture in the Lucasfilm Archives book (From Star Wars to Indiana Jones). You are right that it doesn't make sense from a character perspective, but that's what the prop makers made.

Anyone knows the approximate size of the package label? I can't find anywhere
here it is size to be printed out is 2.3/4 inches by 1.1/2 inches also included the venezia stamp print size about 1 inch and the postage stamp which should be printed about 3/4 inches by 1/2 inch plus i've added a guide so you know the location of the items

Attachments

• grail address label.JPG
    grail address label.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 102
  • grail postmark.JPG
    grail postmark.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 84
  • grail stamps.JPG
    grail stamps.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 99
  • diary package.JPG
    diary package.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 104
your right the label is not clear on screen even in the blue ray versions , so all of use who replicated the prop used the book image as a ref, although i have done an alternative one, which i have used on my own personal replica just because to me it makes more sense so here it is for anyone else who wishes to do the same.

Attachments

• grail address label alternative.JPG
    grail address label alternative.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
As much as I want to hand write my own diary, I'm faced with the cold hard truth that I will just not have enough time to do this.

So, where might I find a non-story printable version. One that is pretty much just download and print. I don't have the tools to resize and edit on my computer, nor do I have the knowledge to perform the task. I can do the building, weathering and the rest. Also not worried about the extras or inserts. Just the pages please.

Yes, I'm willing to pay for it.
Thanks in advance

I just recently found this thread. I realize it's been several years, but do you sill have the file of inserts available for download? Thank you for your time and hard work.
Hi,

I am in the same boat, can someone point me to where I can get the insert file?

Thanks in advance.

- Peter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back