Beginner's Grail Diary (Printable Pages + Inserts)

Thanks a lot Andre.

What are the differences between Hero and Stunt diary?
The Hero Diary is a replica of the one used in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It has repeating pages just like the prop used.
A story diary is based on the events of Indy's life and uses elements from the Hero diary but also adds extra invented pages to make it flow like a story and timeline of Indy's adventures. (with no repeating pages)

Ok so I wanna build a hero version.
Do you know how exactly the pages in Hero are arranged?
So the one in the "Star Wars to Indy book" is a heroversion?

Ok so I wanna build a hero version.
Do you know how exactly the pages in Hero are arranged?
So the one in the "Star Wars to Indy book" is a heroversion?
Yes correct. Those pictures are of the prop used for the film and therefore"official" Hero pages.
1704679356048.png
In terms of arrangement, the Hero diary is made up of 4 repeating signatures with some slight differences.
Attached is a useful document showing the pages you need and what they are called.
Recommend also watching Adam Savage video on his grail diary.

Attachments

• Hero Prop Diary pages.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I'm tackling my first insert, the arabien letter (which is actually urdu).
Living in the middle of europe my standard letter format is DinA4. The letter from the screenshot looks smaller, might be the US letter format? But then I did some research. India as a former british colony would much rather had the british letter format which is 203 x 254mm so even a little smaller then the US letter format. I will go with that size then.
I most probably overthought this but I like the idea that I might have gotten a little closer to a story and time accurate piece.

Great thanks.
Now I only need all the pages in a good resolution.
Unfortunatly thats the tricky part. No one wnats to share completed pages as they have all worked so hard in recreating them. You could start with scanning the images from the source material (Indy to Star Wars) and enlarging those to size. clean them up a bit in photoshop and your on your way :)

Living in the middle of europe my standard letter format is DinA4. The letter from the screenshot looks smaller, might be the US letter format? But then I did some research. India as a former british colony would much rather had the british letter format which is 203 x 254mm so even a little smaller then the US letter format. I will go with that size then.
I most probably overthought this but I like the idea that I might have gotten a little closer to a story and time accurate piece.
Are you referring to this one?

1704739497076.png

I ended up going with A5. I couldnt find any reference to its size on COW so i kinda based it from the image.

Are you referring to this one?

View attachment 1777283

I ended up going with A5. I couldnt find any reference to its size on COW so i kinda based it from the image.
I did a quick reference file and I'm not so sure about A5... maybe I will do a few test prints in different sizes and decide then.

Attachments

• LetterSizes.jpg
    LetterSizes.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 30
Hi all! I ve been researching more than 10 years to finish all my Hero diary pages. You can find most of them in HQ from the prop store auction. Most of my pages are from there, the other ones i had to trace them completelly as i didnt want to have any font involved in my diary as it makes it a little bit less natural or organic. I alsow added digital color to the painted pages to match exactly the shape and color of the paintings and stains. Hope you like it!paginas grial.jpg

Hi all! I ve been researching more than 10 years to finish all my Hero diary pages. You can find most of them in HQ from the prop store auction. Most of my pages are from there, the other ones i had to trace them completelly as i didnt want to have any font involved in my diary as it makes it a little bit less natural or organic. I alsow added digital color to the painted pages to match exactly the shape and color of the paintings and stains. Hope you like it!
and here is the propstore link. Unfortunately only a few pages are there. Have there been more over the years, do they archive the older auctions and if so, is there a way to access the archives?

and here is the propstore link. Unfortunately only a few pages are there. Have there been more over the years, do they archive the older auctions and if so, is there a way to access the archives?
just goggle propstore grail diary and go to image shearching, you will find picutres of old auctions just go in and you will have access to them.

Attachments

• Arabic Letter.png
    Arabic Letter.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back