Before I owned a 3D Printer, I heavily modified "Found Items" to achieve what I wanted.

This is another "Found Item" SciFi handheld prop.
This started it's life as a "Motorized Lint Remover/Shaver".
Love it. It reminds me of my wife's laser incident. I won a laser in an online raffle and it was shipped to my house while I was away on work. She called me to say "I am happy I didn't test it on my hand." She thought I bought another party laser pointer, I have several flashy doodahs and she pointed it at her hand to see the colors. Before turning it on, she had second thoughts, pointed it at her dresser and burned a hole in the varnish. I later gave it away to just have it nowhere near my accident prone family. Yours is ready for Dr McCoy to test a patients brainwave pattern. Another awesome retrofit.

I think this started out as one of those Levetron Devices.
Where something floated in the center between the top Head and the lower platform.
All the acrylic was added as well as the electronics.
There are several Tubes in the center Upper and lower), individually lit from the tube edges to create the lit rings.
It was a long time ago.

These are screaming "danger Will Robinson, danger". I think the ergonomics that come with found objects have a completely more realistic style than do machined new designs. New order stuff looks tooled and it can be a good look but ergo makes it feel mass produced and therefore real to scene.

These are screaming "danger Will Robinson, danger". I think the ergonomics that come with found objects have a completely more realistic style than do machined new designs. New order stuff looks tooled and it can be a good look but ergo makes it feel mass produced and therefore real to scene.
If you look at the beginning of the State Farm Commercial (lower right), you can see this prop.

This is another highly modified item with many more features that are not shown here.
Started as a "Q - Grill" a portable Bar-B-que - with added electronics and motorized "keyboard lid" stand.
The stand itself was not motorized on the original....
Has many more features that were not shown here.
The Keyboard itself is hinged to open up and reveal the remote control.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back