Beast Head Sculpt

Beast Mode

Finally, i have begun my sculpt. The last thing i sculpted was a dragon in the 2nd grade.......So please, give me any pointers and advice ;) Would be much appreciated. I made a initial sketch of what i sorta want.....but i shall post that up tomorrow. Spend 2 hours trying to figure out what the hell to do and this is what i got so far.

Photo0949.jpg

Photo0950.jpg

I was shocked when i found out how much time had passed since i began sculpting, no music was playing, no tv. Sculpting really.....relaxes me and is a good stress reliever

Off to a good start dude, nice to see the basics of a sculpt starting. good luck ;)

Happy birthday by the way :)

Ahh thank you Lee, this was my gift to myself

I liked how you did the start of your sculpt, you are going to see alot of similarities but the end result should shock everyone i hope.

Been having issues with keeping the proportions even, But im figuring it out as i go haha. I wanted to make a extreme looking crown but this is what i got so far after an hour.

Photo0957.jpg

Photo0956.jpg

Did some more work, trying to get the proportions even. Added the mandibles. I think i need to extend the bottom mandibles a bit outward and then raise the tips so the teeth sit up more.

Photo0961.jpg

Added some.....horns? Im trying to figure out how to get those extra fine lines of detail that i see on those master sculpts haha. Trial and error.

Photo0964.jpg

I love the almost two-tier crown extending from the brow ridges, and the depth of the upper mandible roots around the eyes. The whole thing has a devilsh presence to it. Have you developed a complete image for it yet?

Thank you thank you. I made a drawing of a pred with a very long row of bottom spikes for the crown.....but its hard to get them to stay up properly and im scared that they'll break somehow during the molding process. So now im just making it up as i go haha...

Pretty cool looking for a "beginner".

My honest opinion though (and I am no sculptor extraordinaire or anything) but those brows are pretty... "beafy".

Haha since youve mentioned it Reyals, im starting to notice the beefy brows as well. Going to be fixing that today and hopefully some more.

Tried to tone down the brows a bit...may have to work on that some more. I tried doing the skin/mouth mandible area.

Though sadly because of the dropping temperatures here and my sculpture being in the basement....the clay is starting to feel a bit funky, soft almost. I hope that it returns to normal soon since i placed it somewhere with a better climate.
Photo0974.jpg

The brows are still a tad thick, for my taste, but I absolutely LOVE the demonic look that you are creating; almost vampire. I think it's because it looks like the eyes are set further back than what we normally see. Looking forward to more skin texture. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a very cool sculpt!

Haha thank you Darth. I tried to tone the brows down a litttlle more. I like the sound of a vampire predator....

I couldnt think of what to do for the forehead so i just started shaving away and got this. Sorry for the crappy picture quality.

Photo0980.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back