Beads Galore

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jasmo

So, I got my hands on some sculpey and decided to play with it. I've always wanted to make the beads that my Yautja characters wear and I did, for the most part. The only ones that I'm completely happy with are the blue, light purple and grey with blue gem.

Each normal one took about five minutes to roll out then fifteen minutes to bake. The green chevron and grey guy took a little longer but I'm not very happy with them.

The white bead in the bottom left actually had a hair tie baked into the bead, I wanted to see if it would be easier to use and hide but it wasn't. Having a separate hair tie was much easier not only to hide but to help put the bead on.

The twisty bead was interesting and a little difficult, I had to form it around a socket wrench attachment but that wasn't the hard part. The hard part was to get the little twisty thing onto the big one and I didn't do a very good job at that either.

These are all hand made and painted with minimum tools. I'm sure if I picked up a few more things I could make them look much more professional and add a lot more detail to them.

Beads.png

This is my first time working with anything clay. I did make a model in school but it was nothing like this and I didn't bake it(because it was only a rough draft of a metal sculpture). These turned out way better than I expected them to but they're not quite where I would want beads were I to put them on a costume or large bust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.