BB-23 Heavy Blaster Cannon Build

padawan70

Hello all the prop genius's here!
Does anyone know if there's a builder making the BB-23, as seen in the SW Legacy comics and carried by Jes Gistang of Joker Squad? So far, I haven't had any luck, so I'm leaning towards building a custom blaster for trooping. My wife is working on what is officially known as Legacy Stormtrooper (Female) armor, but she wants to go character specific as Jes Gistang. I've seen a few sets of this specific armor approved, but the ladies always have a DLT-19 in their pics. Jes carried the BB-23 in the book, so that's what she wants. On that note....
Does anyone have any suggestions for building the BB-23? I've seen a few blasters that look like good starting points, but any advice from the RPF folks for a rookie builder would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this!

Not a lot to work with on Google searching for this. Do you have any better pictures of this weapon? From the pics on Wookipedia, ther doesn't seem to be anything that you can paint up to look like one, but perhaps you can get a few Nerf blasters and hack them up to create something that can work for you.

TazMan2000

I do have digital version of the comic Jes is featured in, and all associated images of the blaster. But you're right about there not being anything that could just be painted up. I've thought about using the Star Wars "Build Your Own Blaster" from Hasbro that was out in 2008 for a part of it. Using that for the stock, pistol grip, trigger; then building a large barrel from PVC and a magazine receiver as seen in the comic. I want it to be lightweight enough from my wife to carry all day, but still have the look and feel of a "Heavy" blaster.

Hack off the front end of the one from BigBadToy Store and replace it with the Nerf, and I'd say that would be pretty close. You may have to fabricate a new large magazine or power cell for the front to make it look better.

You may have a hard time finding that Clone Trooper Rifle if you don't have one. It has been sold out for a while.

TazMan2000

There are a lot of people here who have done blaster rifles using wood and PVC pipe.

here is an example (which happens to be a version of the toy mentioned above):
http://www.therpf.com/f79/dc-15a-scratch-build-231215/?highlight=blaster+build
http://www.therpf.com/f79/dc-15a-build-picture-heavy-231723/?highlight=blaster+build

Another type of rifle using the same technique:
http://www.therpf.com/f79/t-21-blaster-scratch-build-216042/?highlight=blaster+build

There are more but that is just so you get the idea.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back