Batwing completed

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
I have just completed my AMT Batwing and I thought that I would show it off.

It's an AMT/ERTL 1/25 Batman Batwing released in 1990 from the 89' movie, I went through and customised the inside to accomodate 4 led's - warm white for movie accuracy, I built the base from Pine and sanded it until my hands were numb...:eek I filled in the landing gear panels and added some detail to the top of the control console as well using my reference of the filming mockups.

I made it a point to follow the original Batwing model's weathering patterns, streaks, stains and shading. I was able to visit an original studio model last year on my trip to the U.S. So reference was all covered when I started. :love

I hope you enjoy the pics. :D :thumbsup

SDC15862.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I have one of those still waiting for time to be available.

Would you be open to sharing some of those reference pics you mentioned?

I made it a point to follow the original Batwing model's weathering patterns, streaks, stains and shading. I was able to visit an original studio model last year on my trip to the U.S. So reference was all covered when I started.

3.jpg

1.jpg
Now THAT is sweet! Love the weathering!:thumbsup

Looks great.

It was such a shame that it was destroyed after such a short flight. I would have loved to see this fly again in Returns.

On a side note, does anyone make this in a larger size? It's a shame that the car is available in 1:18 but not the Batwing that I know of.

A beautiful rendition!

Can you please tell me a little about your paint choices and weathering you used as it looks perfect to me and I'm in the middle of the amt batmobile.!

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. More pics!
Such a nice build. Show off a little. :lol
BTW
Are you going to cover the lights?

Any chances of seeing some pictures in natural light? Or just some more pictures in any light? Or some close ups? It really rocks!:love

Thanks Guys, How are these?

Outdoor3.jpg

Outdoor2.jpg

Outdoor1.jpg

@Cimmerian: The base colour is Testors Gunmetal Metalizer, I did all of the panel shading with Tamiya Flat Black, and used Alclad transparent smoke for the exhaust panels and a few spots here and there. I also used my Tamiya weathering sets.

@Tek2graphics: I have added the light covers as you can see in these new pics.

Thank you very much for your compliments to my build, they are much appreciated. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back