Battlestar Galatica 5-7 to Splinter cell SC Pistol

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by W4RH0US3, Jan 22, 2012.

1. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

Hey I am getting a prop battlestar 5-7 in the mail soon but I would like to do a mod that would get the rid of the launcher attachment and make a rail out of it
    I want to make this
    [​IMG]

Look like this:
    [​IMG]

The silencer and attachment I can figure out I just want to get rid of the launcher attachment. So I am asking anyone here if they have an idea on how I can accomplish this thank you

2. daryllwin

daryllwin New Member

Good luck with your project dude. I've played all the Splinter Cell games to date, and sometimes, its fun to have a stage where I just throw stealth to the wind and go in guns blazing. This gun might not be the most powerful, but it sure is iconic!

3. Sandman0077

Sandman0077 Sr Member

You can just buy the airsoft version of it that comes with rails.

4. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

What are you going to do with the launcher portion of the gun?

5. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

Well I do not know if you have noticed but the thing is that the airsoft versions of the FN57 only mirror the USG version. Sam Fisher's 5-7 is the IOM version. The difference here is the trigger guards. Look up FN57 USG and FN57 IOM. You will see what I mean

6. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

I am going to dremmel it off but if you want it I can give it to you and cut it carefully?

7. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

If you can dremmel it off carefully, then I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands (just let me know how much for you want for it, and the shipping and handling and I'll see if I can send it to you via PayPal if you have it or with a money order). But if you can't cut it off carefully, then that's okay. :cool

8. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

How much do you think is a reasonable price?

9. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I don't know. Would $15 (in addition to whatever the cost of shipping and handling is) be acceptable?

10. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

Sounds good to me. Let me try and dremmel it of this weekend and then i'll email you pics of what I made to see if you are still interested?

11. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll PM you my e-mail address. Just let me know if you're wanting the amount through PayPal or Money Order via PM and then we'll see how the dremmeled piece looks before proceeding with the transaction. :D

12. SirNedKingsly

SirNedKingsly Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

False...... I own two of the airsoft Fn7.5's and they are the exact ones used in BSG with the correct trigger guard. You just didnt look hard enough. Dont ruin the BSG cast trying to mod it when there is a perfectly good alternative out there closer to full size (the resin BSG pistols are a bit smaller than 1:1)

This particular site is out of stock - but they are out there - Electric M2031B FPS-120 Full Auto Blowback Airsoft Pistol

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of my build with a Matsuo launcher attached. The whole thing is just slightly bigger than the screen used ones when put together.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  13. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

Ah yes I overlooked that one. I was talking about the ones made by Marui and Marushin. They only make the ones tha looked like the USG variant. As far as the one you showed me I reserved on that one as it does not exactly mirror the IOM completely. Yes that is another airsoft 5-7 but it does not have the shape that the one in Splinter Cell has. Plus that one looks low quality.

14. SirNedKingsly

"Plus that one looks low quality."
    Thanks - just trying to help you out.

15. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

I am not trying to be mean I am just saying that one doesn't give me the feel that the resin kit does. I appreciate your input I just overlooked that other 5-7 that you showed me.

16. SirNedKingsly

No worries mate - understandable now that you clarified, misread that and thought you were commenting on my pistol

17. Thoth

Thoth New Member

I picked up a screen used 5-7 from the Propworx auction a few months ago, and it is sweet! Yours looks great in comparison!

18. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

19. Sandman0077

Sandman0077 Sr Member

Seems like alot of work to cut that down and clean up.

20. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

The dremel was smoking had to take breaks in between.

21. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

22. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

What do you mean?

23. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

That white cast you posted looks terrible. The quality is very low and looks like it was cast off another cast. Matsuo made some great castings. You would have been better off with one of his.

FB

24. juno

juno Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here's my BSG gun made by the master: Matsuo. The slide retracts, trigger pulls, and there's even a little missle for the launcher. Nice weight, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. W4RH0US3

W4RH0US3 New Member

How do I get one?

26. Matsuo

Matsuo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Send me a PM

:)

M