Battlestar Galactica New Gun

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Reaver, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

Has anyone made the new BSG gun from the 2nd season yet, or have good screen caps? It almost looks like a 45 auto build-up to me but I'm not sure.
    Thanks.
    Dave
    www.vortexxpress.com

2. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

It's an FN 5.7 Automatic base

Get in touch with Jukity, a member here.

Good thread on ASAP, New BSG Props

3. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm trying to get the whole set but they keep coming out with newer or updated models.
    Dave

4. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm pretty sure that PtByNmbrs does a casting of it. Contact him.

5. rudolpht

Sorry PtByNmbrs is same, forgot his RPF screen name. Here's one he did for me, as referenced in the ASAP thread (if registered) : ASAP New BSG Props New Season Gun.
    [​IMG]

6. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

So, where on the Galactica do they keep getting these different guns? Is one of the Ragtag fleet a guns dealer?

7. rudolpht

Unfortunately they are moving from the good looking gun dealers to pretty close to earth based gun dealers :eek:

Compare the above to a Mini-Season Season 1 gun:

[​IMG]

8. soltic

soltic Active Member

of course, it's Bargain Bob's Guns 'n Liquor ship followed by the Golden Nugget - u guessed it - the gambling ship followed by the Pink Pony.... ummmm yeah, what the hell was I talking about again?? :love

9. DarthWillie

DarthWillie New Member

Didn't they als use a south african Vector gun in the first series?

10. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

There hasn't been an "in continuity" explination to the best of my knowledge. It's possible that there won't be one, and we are just supposed to assume that it's actually the same gun all the time.

The "real world" explination is that the original design was not good for filming gun fights. It was a clam-shell over a revolver. So they only got 6 shots before reloading, and to reload you had to take the clam-shell case apart, load up the blanks, and then re-assemble it before the next sceen could be shot.

I have to agree. The new one based on FN Five SeveN is trerrible. Not only does it look like a "normal" gun, but they picked a fugly normal gun to work with.

I really wish they had just reworked the clam-shell to have a cartridge ejection port and space in the rear for the action to move.

11. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yeah, they had them on the prison ship and Boomer blew out her molars with one. :p

12. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

And it shot Adama with one too.

13. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's no way for them to have a good continuity explination of the change of the blasters. Near the end of Season 1 Crashdown (Raptor pilot) did indeed have the previous season blaster and during the first part of Season 2, "Valley of Darkness" but then by the next episode, "Fragged" he had the newer FN version.

14. Reaper57

Reaper57 Well-Known Member

HELL i could have made a better looking pistol than the FN with the pistols in my gun safe. :lol

aint nothing like a classic... :p

john :cool

15. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

I agree, I think they changed the gun for filming reasons. I still think the first two were much better looking for the show.
    Dave

16. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it based on the Five Seven DAO or one of the later models?

17. Reaper57

Reaper57 Well-Known Member

not sure but its got the double trigger guard , 20 rd clip and the accessory rail under the barrel.
    i saw them on clearence for around $650 dealer price a while back.

john :cool

18. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think most models have the rail but only the DAO has the glove allowance trigger guard.

19. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The new gun sucks s*&t.

I like the 1st season one.

20. JediLip

JediLip Well-Known Member

When I Googled it, it looked like there are three versions with the glove allowance trigger guard:
    the Tactical (single-action), DAO, and the IOM (single-action).

Then there is The Five-seveN USG (United States Government) - "Single Action with checkering on the foregrip and backstrap, a squared trigger-guard, and an ambidextrous magazine release."

So the USG would be incorrect.