Battlestar Galactica movie?

I wasn't into the reimagined series as soon as I head Starbuck was a female, but you know what, I was wrong, because that show was pretty good. I would have liked to have seen Starbuck, Apollo, and Boomer being buddies, but it was still good. This could be good too.

Sometimes you have to roll the hard six!

I totally agree. I was completely wrong about it. A third reboot though?

I still say the reboot of BSG was damn near perfect. I've never been as enthralled by a television program as I was that one - while it got shut out by the Emmy Awards, the recognition it got elsewhere is noteworthy (Peabody Award, Time Mag, etc).

The ending was perfect. Abso-fraking-lutely perfect - I do understand some folks need thing's spelled out for them more and prefer to see thing's in black and white. I thought it was perfect - every little bit of that finale.

I'm not sure what Larson (or even Singer) are thinking. Or Universal for funding this. Obviously, they think there's a market for this - I'm not so sure about that, especially if it's a direct sequel/tie-in to the 70s series that was more camp than anything.

The first BSG was the best maybe because it got cancelled before the writers could totally screw it up by finding Earth and ending the suspense.

Obviously you missed Galactica 1980. The series continuation where they did find Earth, and they did totally screw it up. The original series is far from perfect or untainted.
Campy, dated, and fun. Yes, fun! It's okay for a show to be fun!!

All of this has happened before... and all of it will happen again... and again... and again....because there's apparently no new ideas in the movie industry anymore.

It's about properties, not about stories....

All I can think is, how much great sci-fi is out there that won't be made because of yet another reboot

Indeed, three words: Fountains of Paradise ;)

Obviously you missed Galactica 1980. The series continuation where they did find Earth, and they did totally screw it up. The original series is far from perfect or untainted.
Campy, dated, and fun. Yes, fun! It's okay for a show to be fun!!

How could I forget that masterpiece? I watched every single terrible episode when it was first aired and absolutely believe it is unrelated to the original BSG and takes place in the same alternate super stupid universe where the SW prequels and JJ Trek take place.

I just saw and added 1980 into my Netflix list. I've been rewatching the original series and enjoying it a lot - this would seem to be a no brainer for a good sci-fi flick!

1980 wasn't that bad, not saying it was good but it was sort enjoyable in a cheesy 80s sci-fi sort of way. It's most definitely not good TV by an stretch of the imagination and a very, very poor sequel to TOS BSG but it's good for a laugh or two and the Return of Starbuck episode was a really good one, definitely the only one that was actually good.

I'd like a new BSG movie if it stayed true to the mythology of the original series.
I always dug the nods to ancient Egyptian art and culture.
Also if it's more a space adventure and less an opera.
The melodrama of the reboot made it mostly unwatchable for me.

Who else remembers these:
Battlestar Galactica Ads ? Frank Frazetta, 1978 ? typically awesome work.. | Simotron

Also: Cylons are robots. NOT skin jobs.

edit: Also also: Not a Brian Singer fan. I'd like this better if it were somebody else. But somebody not named JJ. I bet Zack Snyder would ROCK IT!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back