Interest Battlestar Galactica FLIGHT SUIT FABRIC: FINAL RUN

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone.

I am currently speaking with the VP of Sommers plastics in the hopes of having one FINAL run printed up of the green-gold flightsuit fabric.

As I understand it, the factory may have pigment left for one roll, so this would probably be the last ever.

For it to happen, we probably have to get up to 180 yards@4 yards per suit (on average).

The cost is around $40-50 per yard. So, would anyone here DEFINITELY, absolutely want some?

Chime in here and state how many yards you want! I'll update as we go.

Cheers!
//Joe

I wonder how many yards would be needed to make a flight suit for a guy who 5ft 7in and is an xlarge in size. I don't want to get less then it is a waste for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Wrost case i will be in for 5 to 6 yards section. This is great however there a chance this wont go through if 180 yard worth can not be purchased. One never know so count me in please.

I wonder how many yards would be needed to make a flight suit for a guy who 5ft 7in and is an xlarge in size. I don't want to get less then it is a waste for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Wrost case i will be in for 5 to 6 yards section. This is great however there a chance this wont go through if 180 yard worth can not be purchased. One never know so count me in please.

When patterning something like a suit, it's usually fairly safe to assume "length X 2", then add a little, IF the fabric is on a standard width. The flight suit has some added pouches and whatnot, so maybe an extra yard to be safe. IF this happens, I'll get enough for maybe two suits... maybe 10-12 yards total.

You're right about the 180 yards thing. Sommers already has a list of people, but it's currently unknown how many will still want some.

I would hope that, since this would be THE LAST time this material is made, a bunch of folks might get some just to have it "just in case" or to sell dearly down the line. (I just want enough to make a suit or two.)

Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it. Last thing I want to do is come up short. I may have to search around and find good person to sew and build a suit for me. I am not to concerned with the cost because I know handling and sewing the material can be a tad touchy. Hopefully it goes through if not it was a solid try. Sommers is good making the material but normally they don’t want to get stuck with material if folks bail on them. Thanks again 5 to 6 is good perhaps I need to bump it 6 to 7. We’ll just have to wait and see. Thanks.

I’m interested in at least a yard for a display.

Are there folks around that sew these suits? If I could find someone to sew the suit at a reasonable price, then I would buy enough material for one.

I’m interested in at least a yard for a display.

Are there folks around that sew these suits? If I could find someone to sew the suit at a reasonable price, then I would buy enough material for one.

I would imagine there are lots of cosplay places in the US that would sew one up if asked.

he i the is still a place in the line, i'm interestet one 1 yrd!

so i want ot as a display frame backgrounf for my patches...

I think I would be in for 5 or 6 yards. Can they guarantee it will match their previous runs? I have some already, but not sure if it's enough and my wife wants a suit too...

can u say when the "preorder" are over, or how many yards we have noch on interest?

actually i only need a few cm....

If there is not enough interest this will not happen Sommers is not going to do a run for a few people its money loss to them. Hopefully when Joatrash gets a chance he can chime with some info.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the long silence. I spoke with Sommers again recently and they had not been able to secure enough interest on their end either to make another run happen. It's a shame that the BSG fan community isn't as large any longer. (I haven't even been able to find a way to join the dedicated forum for it, because you need two 'sponsors' that are already members.)

There is a little bit of good news though... because after some testing, I've found an alternative solution that should be close to perfect. I don't want to get into it yet, since I haven't tested the idea on a larger scale yet, but I'll be starting a BSG thread for both my flight suit with helmet and by duty blue uniform (I found an almost perfect fabric match to the original wool) once I do and you'll all be able to follow it. It does involved a bit of work though.

From a money point of view I understand Sommers not wanting to take a huge loss. Look forward to following the when you start working on it. Thank you for the follow up I appreciate it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back