Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

March, really? Shouldn't the network be pimping the heck out of it by now? There was some tweet or fb update from one of the vfx guys saying in effect that he had finished B&C and was on to a new project.

Hopeful but very nervous that without Moore and after loosing confidence in Caprica that the network is going to turn this into a bunch of real purdy 'sploshuns and nothing else.

Yeah a series with less talking and more action, that'd be horrible. It'd be like Star Wars or something...EEEEWWWWWWWWWW.

So, everything in your world needs to be SW? The 'sploshuns were what made Moore's BSG work for you? What did you do during the 95% of the show that WASN'T stuff blowing up? You were one of the voices complaining about the religious tones of the finale, weren't you?
And, honestly, we GOT SW without anything going on to lend emotional weight to the purdy sposhuns - it was called "the prequels".

So, everything in your world needs to be SW? The 'sploshuns were what made Moore's BSG work for you? What did you do during the 95% of the show that WASN'T stuff blowing up? You were one of the voices complaining about the religious tones of the finale, weren't you?
And, honestly, we GOT SW without anything going on to lend emotional weight to the purdy sposhuns - it was called "the prequels".

To answer your questions, nope, watching and enjoying, nope, never had a problem re the religion, never talked about it at all, see the enough SW bashing thread in this forum. I'm saying that since it's about the Cylon WAR that more action should be expected. Slow pacing killed Caprica, and has hurt this season of The Walking Dead, some some more action, and a faster pace is NOT something to complain about. Anything else need clarifying for you take it to PM

To answer your questions, nope, nope, watching and enjoying, nope, never had a problem re the religion, never talked about it at all, so where you pulled that from... See the "Enough SW Bashing" thread in this forum.

I'm saying that since it's about the Cylon WAR that more action should be expected. Slow pacing killed Caprica, and has hurt this season of The Walking Dead, more action, and a faster pace is NOT such a horrible thing. Let's see vipers and raiders duking it out, with basestars and battlestars launching broadsides, in between the hopefully great dialogue. Anything else need clarifying for you take it to PM

Last edited:
One more time!

Wait, you get to make a snide remark about my concern that there may be an effort to dumb-down one of the smartest Sci-Fi shows ever put on the air in favor of sploshuns that middle-americans will watch, and if I call you out on it I have to `take it to PMs`É Sorry, brah, not the way the internets work.

So action = dumbing down, gotcha. Trying to keep the thread from becoming a joust. This isn't BSG, Caprica I loved, but even BSG fans complained about the slow pace, like it or not they will need more action, to keep an audience. To me the perfect balance of drama and action was Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan. If they get a similar balance we're in for a good time, but already the whiny nellies are starting in. For God's sake let a few episodes air first. If they do them like the Razor webisode tie-in, then hey, even though we wont get to hear "This **** sucker is MINE", it should be a good time.

Last edited:
Heya Guys,

We wrapped VFX-wise in November. Trust me, this is not Sanctuary. It's quite frankly groundbreaking VFX green-screen-wise. It's not perfect, as nothing is, as days and dollars run out (VFX shots are never finished, only abandoned by force of schedule and completion), but as a long-time BSG/Caprica/sci-fi fan myself, I do believe chances are very high, you guys (fans) will enjoy this show, a lot. It's off the hook, IMO.

As to when SyFy will bring it to light, I'm waiting for the answer to that question myself. Hopefully soon, as the show is just too good not to high-fly. I hope you enjoy it when you see it as much as we had fun makin' it. :)

peace | deg

Heya Guys,

We wrapped VFX-wise in November. Trust me, this is not Sanctuary. It's quite frankly groundbreaking VFX green-screen-wise. It's not perfect, as nothing is, as days and dollars run out (VFX shots are never finished, only abandoned by force of schedule and completion), but as a long-time BSG/Caprica/sci-fi fan myself, I do believe chances are very high, you guys (fans) will enjoy this show, a lot. It's off the hook, IMO.

As to when SyFy will bring it to light, I'm waiting for the answer to that question myself. Hopefully soon, as the show is just too good not to high-fly. I hope you enjoy it when you see it as much as we had fun makin' it. :)

peace | deg

OOH! Please keep us posted if you get updates?! I've been needing a BSG fix in the worst way for a long time and I'm excited to see something new in that universe! :D

I hope the CGI is as good as or on par with season 4. I don't want to see horrible V-style CGI backgrounds that completely take you out of the scene.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back