Battlestar Galactica 1/2 Studio Scale

I must redo the end part of the Hangar Pod.

Maybe the Hangar Pods wasn`t make by Mike? If you compare the Hangar Pods with the other parts of the Kit, the difference of qualitiy is tremendous. Espacially the trench, end part and entrance needing much work.

I check the end part for paint trials espacially the exact location of the red stripe, and discover annother avoidable fault.

Here are the kit part:

You see four fins

But in original there were five fins, you can see the fifth on the edge of the rede stripe.

Ok, I will redo the master for this par. Remove all fins, engrave panellines, and add new fins

No these were made by me, sorry if your disappointed in them, as for the fins, the issue at hand was that the actual T material would be too fragile for demold the way i wanted to make the mold, 1 part flat back, no seam on the actual part. I toyed with the idea of including the t strip like i did for the front pod, but those are pretty staightforward, the back bay is more complicated, so i was not sure if most people would want that much work. I had to pick a evegreen size that i thought would survive demold, meaning thicker, meaning i lost some detail.

Your build is looking great, it's good to see people making additions and corrections to enhance the kit, I was pretty sure that most people would only use the kit as a starting point.

mike

Good catch. Thanks for the info Mike. Sometimes you have to make a fell small compromises for the sake of molding. That's understandable. This is a great build so far. Can't wait to get mine!

No these were made by me, sorry if your disappointed in them, as for the fins, the issue at hand was that the actual T material would be too fragile for demold the way i wanted to make the mold, 1 part flat back, no seam on the actual part. I toyed with the idea of including the t strip like i did for the front pod, but those are pretty staightforward, the back bay is more complicated, so i was not sure if most people would want that much work. I had to pick a evegreen size that i thought would survive demold, meaning thicker, meaning i lost some detail.

Your build is looking great, it's good to see people making additions and corrections to enhance the kit, I was pretty sure that most people would only use the kit as a starting point.

mike

Hi Mike, your Galactica is still one of the greatest kits I saw ever, and worth every Cent.

I have much fun with the detailing work - are we modellers or not?

Thanks for the explanation and that you like my work.
Be honest, you wouldn´t make it too easy for us, or? :D

I will use T-stripes for the fins. Hope, it will cast well. Maybe much waste. We will see...

Greetings Hermann

For the new master I removed the fins and the detail from the underside.

New parts for the underside.

I will use 1,2 mm T-Stripes for the new fins.
The area between the fins is in original full of panellines. I will scribe them. Therefore I used 1,5 mm Tape to mask the area.

Cheers, Hermann

A list of kits your using to detail this would be awesome. I doubt I will go to the extent you are, but knowing which kits I could grab some stuff from would be cool. Killer build so far!

I remember reading a mag back in the 70's. The insides of the landing bays were a painting. Wish I still had that mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello Lynx,

I really like the work your doing on the BSG,I am hoping to get one my self,this would be the first time I ever did a model that is made from Resin,I mean I built models a long time ago the ones you just use the model glue to hold them together,I never did paint or modified any of them but I had fun when I did play around with them..

So I hoping I can learn by all the stuff you post and what others do to do my own one day,I need to send you a PM to ask you something if you do not mind..

Thanks I will be watching the progress on your build..

I remember reading a mag back in the 70's. The insides of the landing bays were a painting. Wish I still had that mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, there were matte paintings. In Mikes kit you get them as decals. I will use them. Here pics from light tests.

Greetings, Hermann

Hello Lynx,

I really like the work your doing on the BSG,I am hoping to get one my self,this would be the first time I ever did a model that is made from Resin,I mean I built models a long time ago the ones you just use the model glue to hold them together,I never did paint or modified any of them but I had fun when I did play around with them..

So I hoping I can learn by all the stuff you post and what others do to do my own one day,I need to send you a PM to ask you something if you do not mind..

Thanks I will be watching the progress on your build..

Hi ranger1033,

thank you. Resin kits indeed are different. The Galactica is my third resin kit - I am still learning too.

Greetings, Hermann

Again very nice work Lynx. I would love to do a full length landing bay, either Coopper's or scratched. But I do like the backlit painting for the interior as a bit of nostalgia and nod to the 6 footer. But, I also like your use of the wood mounting block in the hanger area for long term sturdiness of those parts.

Have you planned out your electronics set up yet?

Again very nice work Lynx. I would love to do a full length landing bay, either Coopper's or scratched. But I do like the backlit painting for the interior as a bit of nostalgia and nod to the 6 footer. But, I also like your use of the wood mounting block in the hanger area for long term sturdiness of those parts.

Have you planned out your electronics set up yet?

First I will do a full length landing bay too. But you will see to less of it. Not worth the work. And, as I mentioned, I need the space for electronics.

Yeah, the running lights are ready.:cool

Greetings Hermann.

The new master of the end part.

I added the fins and detailled the bottom like the Studio Model.

After Primer:

Left old - right new

Now the new master is ready for silicone.

Greetings, Hermann

Crap, I'm at work now and the new pictures are blocked!:angry

On a positive note, my kit is on the truck to be delivered today! Should be there when I get home!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back