Battle on Hoth. Bandai 1/144 snow diorama.

Hedonist Farmer

m50bhRy.jpg

Here is another one of my recent works i forgot to share with you guys here. this was a ton of fun to make and my first time using 3d printed upgrades on scale models. Bandai kits as usual are a joy to work with.
i tried to mimic the ILM studio models aesthetic in these first shots, scroll down for more in depht pictures
t61ZT91.jpg

hEkgHLa.jpg

EnD9wTl.jpg

wVB26N1.jpg

i eyeballed the color on the at-at. it's approx 80% tamiya sky grey and 20% tamiya flat white.
m4XVjRP.jpg

most weathering was airbrushed, with some oils for grime and snow.
eQWS0xd.jpg

yhdY7l8.jpg

yoKJfVj.jpg

yA2KlxV.jpg

vywArzL.jpg

the tiny at-st was done the same way.
XC91iGV.jpg

Wry9wC8.jpg

the snowspeeder was upgraded with 3d printed parts. open canopy with full interiors printed by shapeways.com
agptkva.jpg

bPU1Q8D.jpg

zGobzrQ.jpg

also bought some 3d printed crates for the trenches and a couple of turrets. i was amazed by the level of detail on such a small print
XCxVpba.jpg

anti slips plates are scratchbuilt using thin plasticard and masking tape strips. all the snow is Tamiya snow powder effect
3m5fqbD.jpg

bonus pictures of the assembled at-at, pre paintjob. Bandai's level of detail is astounding

KXgUhGB.jpg

the whole diorama with a banana for scale, just to point out how small the whole thing is.
795shYX.jpg

Nice work! :)

And great paint job on the speeders. Could I use one of your shots for my Age of Plastic page?

How did you make the snow? It looks great! (as does the rest of the diorama, of course)
thank you! all the snow is made with tamiya snow effects. it comes in a thick paste that dries solid like resin, but keeping the powdery, translucent consistency of snow. great stuff highly reccomended

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back