Battle: Los Angeles Movie trailer

BATTLE: LOS ANGELES Poster

battle-los-angeles-movie-poster-03-405x600.jpg

"The Sun's... Gone Dim.... And The Sky's.. Turned Black..." great song to invade Earth to, and of course to battle to in L.A. cannot wait for this movie! love playin that song on my talkbox, i play it when it snows or rains ourside haha kinda brings ppl down though haha

General Grievous-type aliens? i bet they get mad and say "I'm no droid!" i wonder wat these aliens motiv is to take over earth?

Last edited:
I never listen to professional reviewers. Most of them tend to like girly movies and hate action and scifi. I listen to my friends and people i know i can trust.

Battle of Los Angeles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, the "Battle Of Los Angeles" was a real thing. When I first heard this movie was in the works (as well as saw the first teaser poster for it, which contains a photograph from that newspaper) I was very excited. But I lost interest after learning that it takes place in modern day, not 1942, and even more after seeing the first trailer.

Everything I've seen so far has left me anything but impressed. The whole thing just reeks of unoriginality.

It basically comes off to me as being a slightly more intense version of Cloverfield and slightly more interesting version of District 9.

The aliens are typical and not scary (more of this organic cyborg crap...what ever happened to having straigt-up scary aliens? The last thing that came close for me was Spielberg's tripod aliens), most or all of the designs seem like have been done a thousand times before. Shaky camerawork and tacticool marine action bores me, but the Call of Duty players will like it no doubt.

And let me guess how it will end...

Admittedly I do like the shots of the UFO's coming down over the beaches. That was super cool. But let's face it, I'm not going to enjoy the movie just because of one shot. Otherwise I probably would have liked Transformers 2 a lot more.

Here's another interesting note; it seems painfully obvious to me that they based the appearance of the UFO's (as well as literally cloned some sequences shot-for-shot) on the alleged Haiti UFO sightings (hoax) from a few years ago.
That's kind of cool I guess, if a little unoriginal.

When I first heard this movie was in the works (as well as saw the first teaser poster for it, which contains a photograph from that newspaper) I was very excited. But I lost interest after learning that it takes place in modern day, not 1942, and even more after seeing the first trailer.

Well, at least you have 1941 to watch, huh?

I see the powers that be over on the SY FY channel have their own

"Battle of Los Angeles" movie on this saturday.

Boy they pump these movies out quick. Of course I am sure
the quality will show that.

What I hate most about the trailer for this movie is the VO near the end of the spot where some reporter (?) says they've lost DC, New York, etc "We can't lose Los Angeles."

Ugh. Please. Believe me, if LA is the last bastion of civilization left, the war is already long lost.

Just reeks how dumb the ideas in this movie must be. I have no doubt it was actually written by a computer program on a studio exec's laptop.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back