Battery Holder/ Box Bio Placement

Pestvic

Hey guys I had a question, Can you guys show pictures where you placed your battery holders in your Bio for your diodes and LEDs? Im working on a Huntorial on how to wire in White LEDs for the White Flash that Predators eyes make in the movies Predator and Requiem. (which came out amazing the eyes flash amazingly). I need to know where the best place to put the battery "pack" holder in the bio is without affecting the way it sits on the mask? In MY case I want to know wheres best on Caseys Wolf Bio. But everyone else is welcome to post pics of their bio and help the rest of the board out with their style Bios :D

Thanks everyone!

Your both welcome.

I think you may find it will come down to a specific mask/bio combo but I believe this it the popular way to go.

You can also try placing it right above the eyes in the centre of the forehead. There's usually enough space between the mask and bio at that point for it to fit. Wolf may be different though, I don't have a mask for Wolf.

You can also try placing it right above the eyes in the centre of the forehead. There's usually enough space between the mask and bio at that point for it to fit. Wolf may be different though, I don't have a mask for Wolf.

yeah i've seen this on some threads also. but the wolf head as most know is kinda flat :D so i didnt know if it would work or not. so I just did it in the mouth.

Ill figure out if I have to move it at the end of September when I order a Wolf mask that fits the bio without the mandibles hanging out of the bottom of the bio :p anyone know where to get one that meets these requirements of mine? :p

If not ill just order a nice closed/semi open mouth one and have to deal with the mandibles coming out the bottom haha

Ok so Considering the posts I decided to go with the mouth, FOR NOW haha. I'm not sure if I will move it when I get a mask. but here Is what it looks like.

461246e4.jpg

The left side is for the LED's I mounted to the eyes with a momentary switch.

Here is a video of the eyes working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KURLlNcB5Q

Here is what the momentary switch I used looks like.

a65b77ee.jpg

And here is the wiring Diagram

ledeyewiring.png

No resistors or anything. the 3.0v was enough to power the 3.3v requirement of all 4 LEDs in parallel and is Still Plenty bright haha.

(And yes I will be posting a new Huntorial on this light up eyes process so sorry if this post gets reposted There)

(let me know if you guys need part numbers!) haha

I dont know if you can mod it, but my mask has a wire coming out disguised as the oxygen line to the pred mask...i havent done it yet but the wire is shelled in a grey wire shelling and im going to run it down my arm and place inside the suit.....pop it thru under my computer gaunt and plug it into the battery box/switch which will some how be placed in the CPU gaunt so ill control it from the gaunt.....unlikely u can switch it up and do that....but its an idea

that way i dont got to worry about the fitting of the mask at all since its not even placed in the mask

I dont know if you can mod it, but my mask has a wire coming out disguised as the oxygen line to the pred mask...i havent done it yet but the wire is shelled in a grey wire shelling and im going to run it down my arm and place inside the suit.....pop it thru under my computer gaunt and plug it into the battery box/switch which will some how be placed in the CPU gaunt so ill control it from the gaunt.....unlikely u can switch it up and do that....but its an idea

that way i dont got to worry about the fitting of the mask at all since its not even placed in the mask
Yeah I had this exact idea already, I've already worked out modding the mask, and how to run the wires from the mask to the gauntlet even making it so the wires don't have to run through the mask to the gauntlets so the mask is still detachable. I'll post a diagram of how this will work when I get home if anyone is interested.

update! haha

here is my mask all wired in. (i forgot to post this forever ago)
photo3-2.jpg

and here is a pic of my cleaned up wiring. I used foam to cover them up. and it came out perfect. i chose the mouth area to hold the batteries.
photo2-4.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back