Batsuit: Arkham Origins V2

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Build - Version 2.0

Was looking at my 2.0 gauntlets and made a 2.1 revision to add some detail to the front face plate. Then while at work I decided I want to revise it again... I wanted the gauntlets to pull all the way up to the elbow.. So they went from 11" to 13"... Then I decided that I wanted to add some armor that goes past the wrist and towards the knuckles.. So they went from 13" to 15"... So this is the latest draft of my new gauntlet template next to my last revision. Can't wait to build these ones. Hopefully they look as cool as I picture them in my head.
image.jpg
Actually still need to tweak the design a little bit. Keep the length as a whole but need shorten and widen certain parts within the design. Hopefully one more revision is all that's required.

Last edited:

Yes! I understand entirely how you feel, and I wish more people would give a second go at cosplays they've already made. They turn out so much better the second time around. That being said your first one was excellent other then the cowl, you should make your own this time ;) . Talk about a painful learning experience.

Gauntlet looks great, looking forward to see what you do with the chest plating. I'm surprised you're using foam again, didn't you want to get into more durable materials? Or is that for v3?

Been taking an unexpected break from this project to work on other things. But in the meantime I have been playing with new templates and techniques and have been looking into other materials like pvc foam board as you had suggested to me before. I'm hoping to experiment with sintra and if all goes well I should be developing both a foam and sintra origins suit. Basically using the foam version as a template. Going to check some plastic manufacturers in my area tomorrow to see if I can get some locally. Then I'll follow my previous path and see about building me a sintra version of the gauntlets.

Working on a commission I have for a set of gauntlets and decided to update my design further. Making some refinements, smoothing out some of the sharp angles and added a 2 1/2" hand guard to the front. I'm really liking this build, hopefully I can settle on this and push myself to move on. But i hate moving forward when I finish something and get that feeling that it could have been better..

Last edited:

New gauntlets look great man! Thinking I may have to redo mine now. Lol
Thanks Floyd. Your foam work has been an inspiration to me throughout my builds so it good to hear you approve.
Im just hoping I don't get the urge to tweak it anymore because I've pretty much spent all of April making little revisions to my original gauntlets. I think these might be my 6th or 7th version and I'm so ready to move on. Lol

actually I think I have one more edit to make before I draw the template up on the computer for the final time.

Last edited:

Just about done with this set. Trying something new with the fins. I usually make them identical in size and shape but made these get gradually larger.

17367624361_dac415f817.jpg
17367624331_5ccd0ea276.jpg

Stop being so perfect, you're making the rest of us look bad ;)

lol. I don't think I could make any of your builds look bad. In fact I've been studying several of your threads as of late because you've convinced me that I need to branch out into constructing my designs using a more durable material. One thing holding me back was the cost of sintra along with shipping expenses but after a week of looking I found a plastic supplier in town that sells sintra. So I'm going to see what kind of quote I can get for the material and see if I can purchase enough to start experimenting. Love to get any pointers you can offer.

Last edited:

Trying to get some angles that show the smaller details and lines.
So here are a couple more images to share.

Last edited:

If you use a filter to adjust your photos you will be able to show off the sexiness of your work.

uploadfromtaptalk1430881785044.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430881794215.jpg

Had to model these gauntlets myself because I accidentally tore the arm off my duct tape dummy. Lol. I'll have to fix the little guy later.

My origins outfit by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yay! Let there be light and details shown through..... I am saving these btw for if I ever get cracking on mine. :D

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

But of course....it needs to be beautified. I work with white and black foam so the only way to show off the curves is filters until it gets painted. Once again....great job on this stuff.

Always playing with the design. Added some detail to the faceplate like Bigbat did. Also still torn between hand guard or no hand guard.
Even so. I think it still needs something extra. I'll add to it later today and see.
17259747298_0fc1e6b5b4_z.jpg

Batman Origins Gauntlet

Last edited:

THAT'S IT! I'm starting mine over tonight! With the hand guard.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back