Prop Store

BATMAN!

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by pjw, Feb 10, 2012.

1. pjw

pjw Member

I thought it was about time I shared some significant pieces from my collection. It's taken a number of years to acquire these bits and bobs, but worth it.

First up are some production made foam latex armour pieces from Batman 1989. They consist of legs, calf and forearm armour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is currently the pride of my collection. This is a screenused stunt suit from Batman Returns. It was worn by Michael Cassidy for the Batmobile driving scenes and is mounted of a poseable foam bodycast of Michael Keaton.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy these pics guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Xenophon1

Xenophon1 Member

Very nice! Not much I can say other than that, but it bears saying. :) I too am a bigger fan of the 89 Batman movie, and its armor is my favorite, but the Returns armor is my second favorite. Good luck on the search...

3. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Very cool! The first is my favorite too!!

4. Darth 123

Darth 123 Well-Known Member

great-do you have better pics of the cape?

5. pjw

pjw Member

Unfortunately the cape is a replica moulded from an original

6. waelkhairy88

waelkhairy88 New Member

This is amazing!

7. swisscheese

swisscheese New Member

Great find! Thanks for sharing. I think pretty much every guy ever has dreamed of having a batsuit. I know I have!

8. mikenelson1982

mikenelson1982 New Member

wow very cool to see this in good lighting.

9. Garth

Garth New Member

Awesome!

10. Jay1138

Jay1138 Active Member

Awesome pickup pjw! Those are a grail for any Batman collector fur sure!

11. Starsky

Starsky Member

What's the best way of storing this sort of thing because I'm sure it would be too easy for it to perish and become brittle.

12. batboyme

batboyme New Member

very nice great detail

13. jkno

jkno Master Member

Really great prop!!

Indeed, latex and rubber have the tendency to disintegrate over time alas.

14. Starsky

Starsky Member

So is this destined to disappear for all time or is there a way of preserving it and any similar prop or costume?

15. Gothamcityprops

Gothamcityprops New Member

Great to see these wonderfull things and they are still in very good conditions for there age.

16. pjw

pjw Member

Well these pieces are over twenty three years old and are in fantastic condition considering. It largely comes down to the TLC they are shown. Use a suitable rubber preservative to clean it and most importantly keep it as much as possible away from UV light.

I wanted to ask you guys opinion on something. I recently put these pieces up for sale and surprisingly (to me anyway) they aren't garnering the interest I expected. Do you think they would be more desirable to a collector if I trimmed the pieces and mounted them to an undersuit as they would have been for the film. Would it make those pieces less or more desirable? Or I they better left as they are as a purest form of their heritage?

17. iJackSparrow

iJackSparrow New Member

I read the thread title in Bale's Batman voice :lol Awesome pieces you got there, great pics! I've always loved Keaton and the suits he wore. Christian is cool too. To answer your question, when selling anything, it's best to leave it in its original state and let the buyer do their own modding unless requested. You can state that you can trim/glue/stitch the armor to an undersuit, etc. Hope this helps :)

18. TheBlackPhantom

TheBlackPhantom Member

The Keaton suits were pretty cool.

19. rodimus147

rodimus147 New Member

Yes Keaton is by far the second best Batman

20. Clerk

Clerk New Member

Still the best Batman movie costume.

21. drftfan

drftfan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent returns suit

22. hanshotfirst

hanshotfirst New Member

23. postmanpat

postmanpat Well-Known Member

Very nice.

24. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

PJ,

I think that's a tough one. I personally prefer stuff that is mounted for use, but I can see where some would prefer it as is. I guess it depends on what type of collector you are. I love displays that look as if they were taken from that world and into ours, hence my reasoning. I would say leave them as-is though and let the next owner do what they wish.