Batman Returns Hybrid Suit For Halloween 2014 - In Progress

spike666

Hello fellow fans, I been meaning to join this amazing forum for ages and finally got around to it. I been looking at it for years just never signed up. Anyway.. I am now 33 (just last week) and am building my own Returns Batman suit.

I seen some amazing and I do mean amazing work here which I could only dream of being able to do myself but I am totally new to this and have never ever worked with costume building or design. I am a total novice so please if you have any constructive feedback or ideas and tips I would be very greatful for them as I proceed with building the suit.

To be exact, I am now looking to build the Returns suit but with crossover influences of Origins - to be frank the main reason is that I do not feel I can do justice to the Returns suit fully as I simply do not have the skills or time to do the moulding/reverse moulding and scuplture to replicate the armour then cast it.

Therefore I felt after viewing a few hybrid suits I would create a "Returns Hybrid" suit. I want to keep the chest armour as close to the film as possible but I have already started work on gauntlets using the old football shin guard trick and I really like how they are looking howeevr I know they are not anything like the Returns ones.

I have alot of respect for the art and the films so please bear that in mind :)

I am in the middle of slimming down significantly as I am a big guy and that (for me) doesnt work with the image I want to create of batman lol. So I am also using this project as a driver to lose weight too.

I will post pics as I proceed and keep everyone in th eloop on what stageI am at as I go.

Currently ( June 2014) I have built the gauntlets and I have gloves but they require finishing and painting etc yet. I have also had a go at making some Returns boots using 6MM EVA foam and some steeltoecap black wellington boots. They are extremely crude at the moment but they will be finished as best as possible and painted too.

Please feel free to advise me on tips and help espcially looking for help with doing the chest armour at this stage and also any measurements for the pannels on a 8 pannel cape would help me significantly.

Thanks everyone
Stephen (Spike) 20140614_191711.jpg20140505_135128.jpgMessenger_5868786149504778627_13992276548651931.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back