Batman plasti-dip

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by bradtdkrises, May 30, 2017.

1. bradtdkrises

bradtdkrises Active Member

I have a latex Batman cowl that has old plasti-dip thats cracking and peeling around the chin/neck areas (stress point)
    My question is...whats the best way of removing plasti-dip from a latex mask? I cant peel it with my fingers..this stuff is on there..lol
    any help/suggestions would be great!
    Thanks!

ronchan32004 likes this.
  2. chuckyAPP

chuckyAPP Sr Member

I would just spray on more plasti dip. If it's really stuck on there you run the risk of tearing the latex.... I've done that before.

will or liam and ronchan32004 like this.
  3. will or liam

will or liam New Member

I agree. Peeling it off could ruin the latex. I would suggest spraying more on then using an alternative for another layer. Like a thick neoprene or something else that has flexibility and integrity.

ronchan32004 likes this.
  4. bradtdkrises

I did give it a few more coats of plastidip...and then i used clear flexiseal..as seen on tv..lol...but the stuff came out cloudy and not clear. So i did another layer of plastidip, flex, then plast one last time. It seems to have worked pretty good! thanks guys!

5. coofunkcurly

coofunkcurly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Seem to recall reading that mineral spirits will remove it. Never done it myself so may want to research that first.

bradtdkrises likes this.
  6. drftfan

drftfan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes mineral spirits

bradtdkrises likes this.
  7. bradtdkrises

Thanks! What I did was just remove what i could by hand and re-sprayed it a few times..hit it with flexiseal...then a few more plastidip...seems to have worked very well