Batman panther cape 6 or 8 panels?

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by GF, Dec 9, 2010.

1. GF

GF Sr Member

I'm making my own panther cape, does anyone know if it's a 6 or 8 panels cape?

Thank you!
    GFollano

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

I believe the Panther is 6.

89 Batman and Returns were 8 panels....I'm 90% sure they went with 6 for Forever and B&R as it didn't cover the front as much

3. GF

GF Sr Member

Thank you very much for the info.

GFollano

4. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Really? I'd like to know your source. It was 8 panel 100% sure. ;)

5. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

I had always heard that the cape had the same pattern used from '89 thru B&R. I've seen shots of a clooney panther that is definitely 8. My advice is don't use 6 panels unless you want to never have it hang in front of you.

6. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Really??? I could have sworn that I've seen on BOTB that it was 6 for the other films, which is why it didn't go in front as much. I remember some members offering less panels on capes for the Forever and B&R films....unless I'm beginning to go crazy in my old age and am forgetting things :( Now I'm going to have to go look....

7. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

First here is a layout of a 6 or 8 panel cape I found on BOTB, thanks to batcavehq.com...

[​IMG]

And a link to a thread of a very accurate Panther design...

Brotherhood Of The Bat :: BOTB Main Forum :: MRX Panther- Cape ~ Runboard

You can see in this pic from that thread that it clearly shows 6 panels and looks just right on the full suit...doesn't hang TOO far around as you don't want that on the Panther look....

[​IMG]

Unless maybe I'm completely wrong but I have built 2 Panther suits in the past and they each used 6 panels. I had an 8 panel Artsee at one point and it wrapped around too far. I used that for my Returns style. Then again, maybe it all depends on the width of the panels?

8. GF

GF Sr Member

BoozeBeGood

That's the exact pattern I'm working with, but before I start cutting my material I need to know 100% if it's 6 or 8 panels, according to the pattern posted above the width of the panels are 46"

how wide did you make panels?

GFollano

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Honestly, I never made any of my capes. Mine were all made by other folks.

The last thing I ever want to do is tell anyone something that is not completely accurate but again I was under the impression through all of my research that 6 panels were utilized for Forever and B&R since the cowl was shaped differently around the front and did not drape around fully as seen in 89 and Returns.

Again, I don't want to tell you anything wrong though. This may be a question for the professionals at BOTB just to ensure the accuracy is, indeed, 100%

10. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

If you read the archives on the BOTB or even inquire from some of those that sell the cape you'll find it's an 8 panel cape. Went through this when I build my Panther already, that pattern is not correct for a Panther is is for a 89 or Returns though.

11. GF

GF Sr Member

Finhead,

I PM'd you, would love to know the Panther dimensions.
    you can email me at: gfollano@sympatico.ca

thank you!

GFollano

12. Hudson82

Hudson82 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

13. GF

GF Sr Member

Great info

THANK YOU!

GFollano