Batman panther cape 6 or 8 panels?

GF

Sr Member
I'm making my own panther cape, does anyone know if it's a 6 or 8 panels cape?

Thank you!
GFollano

Last edited:
I believe the Panther is 6.

89 Batman and Returns were 8 panels....I'm 90% sure they went with 6 for Forever and B&R as it didn't cover the front as much

I had always heard that the cape had the same pattern used from '89 thru B&R. I've seen shots of a clooney panther that is definitely 8. My advice is don't use 6 panels unless you want to never have it hang in front of you.

Really??? I could have sworn that I've seen on BOTB that it was 6 for the other films, which is why it didn't go in front as much. I remember some members offering less panels on capes for the Forever and B&R films....unless I'm beginning to go crazy in my old age and am forgetting things :( Now I'm going to have to go look....

First here is a layout of a 6 or 8 panel cape I found on BOTB, thanks to batcavehq.com...

CapePattern.jpg

And a link to a thread of a very accurate Panther design...

Brotherhood Of The Bat :: BOTB Main Forum :: MRX Panther- Cape ~ Runboard

You can see in this pic from that thread that it clearly shows 6 panels and looks just right on the full suit...doesn't hang TOO far around as you don't want that on the Panther look....

dsc02634dd7.jpg

Unless maybe I'm completely wrong but I have built 2 Panther suits in the past and they each used 6 panels. I had an 8 panel Artsee at one point and it wrapped around too far. I used that for my Returns style. Then again, maybe it all depends on the width of the panels?

BoozeBeGood

That's the exact pattern I'm working with, but before I start cutting my material I need to know 100% if it's 6 or 8 panels, according to the pattern posted above the width of the panels are 46"

how wide did you make panels?

GFollano

Last edited:
Honestly, I never made any of my capes. Mine were all made by other folks.

The last thing I ever want to do is tell anyone something that is not completely accurate but again I was under the impression through all of my research that 6 panels were utilized for Forever and B&R since the cowl was shaped differently around the front and did not drape around fully as seen in 89 and Returns.

Again, I don't want to tell you anything wrong though. This may be a question for the professionals at BOTB just to ensure the accuracy is, indeed, 100%

If you read the archives on the BOTB or even inquire from some of those that sell the cape you'll find it's an 8 panel cape. Went through this when I build my Panther already, that pattern is not correct for a Panther is is for a 89 or Returns though.

If you read the archives on the BOTB or even inquire from some of those that sell the cape you'll find it's an 8 panel cape. Went through this when I build my Panther already, that pattern is not correct for a Panther is is for a 89 or Returns though.

Finhead,

I PM'd you, would love to know the Panther dimensions.
you can email me at: gfollano@sympatico.ca

thank you!

GFollano

First here is a layout of a 6 or 8 panel cape I found on BOTB, thanks to batcavehq.com...

CapePattern.jpg

And a link to a thread of a very accurate Panther design...

Brotherhood Of The Bat :: BOTB Main Forum :: MRX Panther- Cape ~ Runboard

You can see in this pic from that thread that it clearly shows 6 panels and looks just right on the full suit...doesn't hang TOO far around as you don't want that on the Panther look....

dsc02634dd7.jpg

Unless maybe I'm completely wrong but I have built 2 Panther suits in the past and they each used 6 panels. I had an 8 panel Artsee at one point and it wrapped around too far. I used that for my Returns style. Then again, maybe it all depends on the width of the panels?

I own a copy of the real 89 cape and that pattern you found off the BOTB is a little off. Also to add to the conversation the Panther cape is nearly identical to the 89/Returns few changes to the front panels where the cape meets the cowl and a little longer. As for panel it does have 8 . The B&R cape and Sonar cape has 10. Below is a pic of a screen used panther sold off screen used. As you can see the cape did wrap around the front, however in the movie it is usually tucked over the shoulders. Hope that helps.

Keith

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back