Batman Hybrid

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by brothergrimm, Apr 21, 2012.

1. brothergrimm

brothergrimm New Member

Hi all. Thought I'd post the Batman costume I've been working on and see what people think.

It's a hybrid of parts from the Desert Storm build, Camillo's Iron Man parts, Simple Complex's Arkham Cowl, Halo legs, and Space marine Gauntlets. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Not really fond of the blocky hand plates but the rest of the build is a GREAT gonglomeration of parts... Keep it up:)

3. SampleName

SampleName Well-Known Member

I'm really interested about how this will turn out! What are you going to do for a cape?

4. brothergrimm

brothergrimm New Member

Heya SampleName. Probably going to make an old school pleather cape. Don't know what I'm going to use for the belt yet. Still trying different things. I'll keep posting. Thanks for the interest and comments. Keep them coming. Every bit helps. :)

5. omel

omel Well-Known Member

would love to see a more "Batman" gauntlets,,but your take on this is really interesting...great work!!

6. Buddha

Buddha New Member

Really cool batman, going on here.

7. cbp44189

cbp44189 New Member

Great idea! I was thinking of doing something similar.

8. mikey123mushukl

mikey123mushukl Well-Known Member

I am currently building something simular. Check out the build photo album on my profile page. I am using an arkham asylum armored batman utility belt pep file. PM me with an e mail address

9. brothergrimm

brothergrimm New Member

disregard facebook posting

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  10. brothergrimm

brothergrimm New Member

Sorry guys. Here are the photos of the finished project. Thanks to everyone for their help. Enjoy. Let me know what you think

11. brothergrimm

brothergrimm New Member

12. Ciano930

Ciano930 Well-Known Member

Did you fiberglass it? cause it looks a bit soft, still cool idea!

13. Bigturc

Bigturc Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi there,
    Great work .. that's a lot of work .. here's some criticism, hopefully, you find it usefull :

- Helmet looks big on your head .. your jaw is kinda floating in the mask.
    - I agree with above .. did you use any process to harden it at all? Or is it all paper/cardboard? If you plan on even put it on a couple times, I'd strongly suggest hardening it or you'll see your hard work tear away pretty quickly!
    - Hands seem way too big to my eyes, maybe that's the style you want though .. don't know much about Batman style.
    - Thighs seem a little big too .. perhaps it's the pics though.

All an all, what would make the biggest diff is clearly reducing the cowl size and hardening the suit!