Batman gauntlets doing it as cheap as possible...what do you guys/girls think?

carl9149

Hey everyone, so I was going through my local Tesco store here in the UK and out of the corner of my eye I saw these:

11336-sp0206-407-nike-t90-charge-youth-guards-blue-zm.jpg

these are football shin pads, or for the USA people, soccer shinguards. And I had a spark of an idea. They are strong, sturdy, comfortable, and more to the point CHEAP!!! So I bought them for £10, which is about $14. This site in the states sell them for $10 - Kids Nike T90 Charge ShinGuards >> Lifetime Return >> JR T90 Shinguard in the UK you could find them cheaper, but for a £10 note I thought what they hell. Got them home and just did a quick foam pieces and did this:
11339-photo1185.jpg

11338-photo1184.jpg

11337-photo1183.jpg

This took me all of 5 minutes to do, and 3 of them was opening the packages :) But done with more time, and paint job on the cover area, I think they would make a pretty good addition to a batman costume. And there are so many different options out there, which are CHEAP.
Such as:
11340-81811148-l.jpg

or:

11341-18379.jpg

So anyway, I hope that this will help some of you, in some small way, for an alternate solution, which does not cost an arm and a leg to create.
Thanks for looking and remember to share you builds people!!:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back