Batman gauntlets doing it as cheap as possible...what do you guys/girls think?

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by carl9149, Feb 14, 2012.

1. carl9149

carl9149 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, so I was going through my local Tesco store here in the UK and out of the corner of my eye I saw these:

[​IMG]
    these are football shin pads, or for the USA people, soccer shinguards. And I had a spark of an idea. They are strong, sturdy, comfortable, and more to the point CHEAP!!! So I bought them for £10, which is about $14. This site in the states sell them for $10 - Kids Nike T90 Charge ShinGuards >> Lifetime Return >> JR T90 Shinguard in the UK you could find them cheaper, but for a £10 note I thought what they hell. Got them home and just did a quick foam pieces and did this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This took me all of 5 minutes to do, and 3 of them was opening the packages :) But done with more time, and paint job on the cover area, I think they would make a pretty good addition to a batman costume. And there are so many different options out there, which are CHEAP.
    Such as:
    [​IMG]

or:

[​IMG]

So anyway, I hope that this will help some of you, in some small way, for an alternate solution, which does not cost an arm and a leg to create.
    Thanks for looking and remember to share you builds people!!:)

2. omel

omel Well-Known Member

3. jjones

jjones Active Member

I made these for about 8 bucks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. carl9149

carl9149 Well-Known Member

Great work guys!!

5. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

i tried the velcro like that once before. didnt go so well. but the gauntlet looks good.

6. familyman

familyman Sr Member

I love the shin pad idea, great tip. thanks for sharing.