Batman, functional '89 belt kit w.i.p.

Hey guys,

Well... Halloween came and went so I sat down to finish this up. After building the prototype there were a lot of tweaks I wanted to have in the final version and they have now been completed. A final buildup should be ready in a couple weeks or so.

Here is a render of the revised kit parts (some have been turned around to show details):
kitparts_final.jpg

Improvements made:
  • Made the button about 1mm taller.
  • Thickened the frame by about 1.5mm to accommodate a bigger variety of straps.
  • Beveled the edges of some interior details to improve guidance/movement when you close the buckle.
  • Interior parts have been thickened a little- it wasn't absolutely necessary since this stuff is so strong but I wanted to be sure.
  • I was too generous in my first prototype with part tolerances so that has been tightened up.
  • The kit now has fewer parts to assemble (and should be even stronger).

Will have a thread up in the JY for this soon as I will be doing a limited run of these.

Well, after lots of modifications to the design for practicality and accuracy, here's the final print!

finalbucklekit2.jpg

finalbucklekit1.jpg

And a video (note the parts are "raw", just quickly glued together direct off the print without any finishing or lubrication):
buckle done - YouTube

Pretty. How soon until it is attached to a belt and painted yellow, and we get a video of it being buckled around a batsuit?

Oh, and was it mentioned if this was a one-off, or there would be kits?

Pretty. How soon until it is attached to a belt and painted yellow, and we get a video of it being buckled around a batsuit?

Oh, and was it mentioned if this was a one-off, or there would be kits?

Haha, well I think it will be a few weeks/months before I have time to do any painting or work on my own stuff. But I've got the prototype painted up (see the first video) and it works perfectly even if the interior isn't as nicely engineered. (I actually don't have a complete batsuit right now anyway.)

Oh, and I saw and answered your questions in the JY for the run of these kits. :)

Hello Guys !

I KNOW that I am 7 years old later, but PLEASE, I need to buy one of those. The file or a copy.. I spent more than 1000$ in belts until now and this one is my ultimate goal.

Wow, you did a very nice job on this !

Just hope that my message will not be considered like a spam !

Let me know sir (I also wrote to you on your YouTube video !)

Sincerely,

Fred :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back