Batman DS Foam 1st Attempt

gabzc

I'm getting started making a Batman Desert Storm suit. Springboarding from Pepmaster's pep files, I'm currently modifying the files to suit both my style of working, and, in my humble opinion, how it can work better on foam. I'll be using a foam I got from a shoe supply store here in Manila, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the foam floor mats I've seen in most foam build, but just as good. For those here in the Philippines, its a small store on Recto Ave, near Avenida Rizal.
The foam comes in 2 thickness - 3mm and 5mm. The 3mm costs Php 50.00 and the 5mm costs Php 95.00, both comes in sheets of 1.5m x 1.5m, so one sheet should be good for a quite a bit of the suit, but not the whole. The difference in thickness will also allow me to make some parts easier to move in, like the neck portion of the cowl.
I'll post pics within the week. Any help and suggestions would be most welcome.

I'm getting started making a Batman Desert Storm suit. Springboarding from Pepmaster's pep files, I'm currently modifying the files to suit both my style of working, and, in my humble opinion, how it can work better on foam. I'll be using a foam I got from a shoe supply store here in Manila, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the foam floor mats I've seen in most foam build, but just as good. For those here in the Philippines, its a small store on Recto Ave, near Avenida Rizal.
The foam comes in 2 thickness - 3mm and 5mm. The 3mm costs Php 50.00 and the 5mm costs Php 95.00, both comes in sheets of 1.5m x 1.5m, so one sheet should be good for a quite a bit of the suit, but not the whole. The difference in thickness will also allow me to make some parts easier to move in, like the neck portion of the cowl.
I'll post pics within the week. Any help and suggestions would be most welcome.

Cant wait to see progress pics bro.:)

Here's the progress of the my Batman DS armor. I used Pepmaster's pep files, at least for the top portion of the chest. The problem I encountered and subsequently resolved by not following the rest of the pep build. I had to adjust for my size, I'm kind of chubby, and then I couldn't figure out how to link it to the back later when I do work on that part of the armor.
Comments and tips would help a lot! Thanks guys!

wulwhite, thanks for the encouragement. yes, I was able to get the complete set of Pepmaster's files, found in his thread. I just haven't had a chance to go back to work on this. stuff came up at work. i'll get back to it very soon.
i'm actually putting this on the shelf for a while, i was asked to help make an iron man suit...hehehe...since i already made a helmet and chest piece for my cousin, my friends think i'm now some kind of expert...lol!

gabzc thats a pretty nice job, im searching for those pepfiles im wondering if you could share those files (the original ones since i would be building it in paper) with me? thanks alot!!!

gabzc thats a pretty nice job, im searching for those pepfiles im wondering if you could share those files (the original ones since i would be building it in paper) with me? thanks alot!!!
Here you go.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back