Batman :Dead End cowl

reevz666

about a year ago I sculpted my 1st cowl ....and because at the time there really wasn't many DE cowls floating around out there, I went with that version as my sculpt choice...and seeing as how is was my 1st time doing a cowl, I made TONS of mistakes...I made the neck waaay too thin, primed the finished cowl in high gloss crystal clear instead of flat black, so the cowls came out a nasty glossy sheen...and I cut the silicone mold up the back which created a really clutzy looking seam...so when I pulled the cowl from the mold, I had this glossy, seamed too tight for my head crappy cowl....

DSC02724.jpg

so I went back, and fixed a resin hardcopy that I cast

Before fix:
DEbeforesm.jpg

adding to the neck and head and making sure that I use all of my know how that I did with my other Batman cowl that I did a few months ago

after fix:
defixsmall.jpg

defix2sm.jpg

..and here's my 1st flat black, seamless and great fitting, soft urethane cowl....

DE11sm.jpg

DE7sm.jpg

DE4sm.jpg

DE5sm.jpg

DE3sm.jpg

That's the first fan-made Dead-End cowl I've seen that actually captures the predatory appearance of the original. Beautiful work. Hope you offer those for sale.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back