Batman Dead End: A Ten Year Retrospective

You did not come here actually if you want to get down to it, you went to the old ezboard, ( which i was a member of) to promote.... which there is nothing wrong with also. and please do not try to justify anything by using Andrew, thats getting kinda old that people do that do be honest.

This version of the lair has been here since 2006, and you do not visit, or contribute, you have only come NOW to ask for money, simple as that.
the economy is tight yes. and i am sure members will contribute, and again BDE was great.... but a documentry, costing a 3rd of what it cost to make it....

hopefully the attention the predator is getting of late with the awesome suits this place creates for conventions + monstapalooza + whats happening in a few months will raise the profile again. So i guess its good or clever timing.

maybe the kickstarter will work this time.

Let me ask you something, Lee;

If John McTiernan, Steve Wang or the late Stan Winston, ever came on here, asking members to donate money to a Predator related project they were trying to do, would you give them as much **** as you're giving me about never coming on here or not being a regular contributing member,  suddenly showing up NOW, asking for contributions?

The negativity and challenging nature of your posts, is WHY I don't like these kinds of situations.

I made a short film that had some Predators in it. Most here seem to like it. I've seen many costumes and props from this forum, inspired by "Batman Dead End". I figured some members would dig seeing a documentary about the making and the aftermath of it. Period. That's IT. It doesn't go beyond that... If you want to donate, by all means, donate. If not, that's cool too. But neghative posts and people challenging me for not coming here before, the budget, etc, is not appreciated, especially given the tone of my original post.

Thanks to those who contributed. I hope you all enjoy the doc.

Peace,

SC

The fact that you put yourself in the same sentence as those people says alot.

I stated some facts that you clearly do not like, i am not giving YOU **** just facts. if you look closely and read you will see i wished you  "GOOD LUCK" i only wished you had come here and been more supportive to the creations , without a alterior motive. and as i am a regular member here i think i have earned the right to speak my mind.

if me poking you to maybe take a interest in the forum you wish to help offends you............. well thats a shame.

and again "GOOD LUCK"

Yeah Lee,

I did mention myself in the same sentence, and it does say a lot, doesn't it?

In my 25 years of experience in the film industry, I have worked directly with every single one of those men... Any questions?

SC

BigRedCreator said:
Yeah Lee,

I did mention myself in the same sentence, and it does say a lot, doesn't it?

In my 25 years of experience in the film industry, I have worked directly with every single one of those men... Any questions?

SC
lol.

I have a question yes.

Dear mr egomaniac, does that kind of statement really get you anywhere, and is it the reason you do not work on anything other than fan film documentries anymore?

Ok wait...I must have missed something here.  There is a $12,500 goal to just make a documentary?  I thought for sure it was going to be for a Batman: Dead End II for that amount of money.

Sandy, I was on the old Lair as well...Lee and I are among the few members that still enjoys Predator and still frequents the Lair.  In the past while we saw another member pull some shenanigans and also drop Andrew Marzan's name expecting royal treatment.  That may fly with newer members, but Lee and I and a few other members see it as being a cash in with little to no contribution.  

No one is saying that BDE was a flop.  It's still one of the most recognized fan films on YouTube.  I will always suggest to new members that they check it out.  You did some amazing work and created something pretty amazing.  

What Lee and I don't get - and maybe we question this because of how bloody long we've been coming here - is why you're here asking members for money?  Let alone the ridiculous amount you're asking.  I remember you on the old eZboard...you popped in once in a while but that was it.  And now here you are, but what are you contributing?  

Personally, I'd like to see you give away a t-shirt or a Batman cowl as a way to give back to the community that PUT your video where it is.  Get off your high horse, humble yourself and acknowledge the people who made that film what it is.  

Unfuckingbelievably pretentious man.

Perhaps this guys project truly has arrived at the dead end it was talking about.

Basically, it looks like he has come on here hoping to fool the members into helping him clear a large debt that he has run up whilst MAKING the documentary that he is saying is yet to be made?......LOL

........and to top it off......I cant believe he was even trying to get us to do his math!

Hey All,

I need to chime in,
I recall standing in your office wearing the samurai bio saying it reminded me of the BIG RED gum i chewed as a kid,  I am happy that name has stuck to the point where it's being put on toys and is known throughout the world as Big Red,  i take great pride in being a part of the lore of the BDE film.

I will always wish everyone best of luck with their artistic visions and this is no different.  Batman Dead End is a great film created by talented people....Just like The Hunters Lair.

Sandy i think this is a dead end here,  I wish you the best with project.

Andrew

I just had the opportunity to watch this for the first time. o_O   Not exactly sure what to say here.  Without being too negative here, I think I'll save my money for something entertaining.

Brian

Well, im not privy to all the " behind the scenes" stuff, but it was a professional and entertaining production considering the budget, etc. it inspired me and shows us all we can do the same, as well as introduce new versions of the original we all admire. I feel if you dont have something positive to contribute to the thread why not just ignore it and move on.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back