Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.

Moviepropmaker6

Hey guys.After seeing the new batman cowl from batman arkham knight i set out to make it.
I will be making an ultracal lifecast,sculpting in wed clay,molded in pinkysil platinum cure silicone,and. Gravity poured in epoxycast epoxy resin,then painted in flat black spray paint and gloss black spray paint.for the mechanism i am going to be using stepper motor actuators with tracks and then everything attached onto a black lycra morph mask.

The mask will be cast in pieces and motorised to come together like a puzzle in the game.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,189
Last edited:
I think as long as the motors don't take up too much room you can do it :) You might want to try some sort of lightweight metal wiring. I'm sure it will take some adjustments along the way.

Thanks man,i think the motors won't be a problem,i picked the absolute smallest of them all at my local hardware store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
Unfortunately,i will not be posting any progress or pics or even start the mask until 10 weeks pass,because school gets in the way.please do not give up on this thread,thinking i will never post anything.absolutely promise lots and lots of progress in 10 weeks,

regards,

Moviepropmaker6

I was thinking of making linear actuators with muscle wire and springs. Springs to shut it, and the muscle wire to open it. Just need to find a 3d model that I can start modifying with the anchor points, and then 3d print the pieces.

I was thinking of making linear actuators with muscle wire and springs. Springs to shut it, and the muscle wire to open it. Just need to find a 3d model that I can start modifying with the anchor points, and then 3d print the pieces.
Woah,that actually sounds like a really good mechanism plan.more technical than mine.Do you have a thread on it?

Not started anything yet no. Similar situation to you no real time at the moment, and been looking for a decent model of the cowl with all the sections. My modeling skills are lack luster at best so hoping to find a completed file that I can just start tweaking.

Not started anything yet no. Similar situation to you no real time at the moment, and been looking for a decent model of the cowl with all the sections. My modeling skills are lack luster at best so hoping to find a completed file that I can just start tweaking.

I'll notify you of a batman arkham knight cowl on this thread if i come across any

If you don't have a plan to place the motors yet, I suggest putting them at the top of the neck piece, or beside your ears. The second might get loud but they both offer a bit of stability and concealment. Plus you could angle the wire through a loop on the front of the ear (your ears, not the ones on top) piece so that it pulls the forehead down just like in the game.

If you don't have a plan to place the motors yet, I suggest putting them at the top of the neck piece, or beside your ears. The second might get loud but they both offer a bit of stability and concealment. Plus you could angle the wire through a loop on the front of the ear (your ears, not the ones on top) piece so that it pulls the forehead down just like in the game.

your second plan the one with the ears was the one i had planned to do

- - - Updated - - -

I thank you and frentaken so much.thanks for giving me new ideas

i dont really want to do the neck piece because in the game, the neck piece is part of the suit the actual.cowl/mask is only a full head,no neck and no chin mask

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 787
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 839
Totally fair :) I wish you tons of luck. Crafting hard shell masks is hard when they need to cover the back. I'm currently facing delimmas with this myself!

I have changed my mind about the motorization.i will not be doing my original plan because the shutting of the pieces is automatic but the opening has to be manually done by hand.thats why i will be using a pinion gear and a rack gear.the pinion and rack automatically shut the pieces and automatically open the pieces

Have any of you guys seen how it separates? I noticed some pieces move when he takes it off when first going into the cell in the game in the JL 3000 skin, but I think it's the same for the regular suit for the game. I can try to get some video of it or something, but I got jumpy with the share button and lost the replay when I saw it the first time hahaha.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back