Batman begins suit

1badevo9

Hey everyone! Decided I'd make my first thread on my build process of my Batman Begins suit. Gearing up for my first con this weekend at Wizard World. The entire suit came from Kevin (coofunkcurly) minus the under suit and UD Replica boots. Amazing quality on the armor pieces. Looks like I snatched it right off the movie set lol. Anyways as of today I have the torso and legs mounted but will need some touching up. Tomorrow I'll make holes in the armor for the cape clips and add the forearms, knees, and calves to finish it up. Heres todays progress photo :)
11391138_10102639462363230_4392960890169930297_n.jpg

I used Loctite Gel superglue. Its worked pretty good so far but I've used a crap load of bottles

Thanks for that - I have the same armour kit from coofunkcurly. But I am sticking mine to a 4 way stretch vinyl matte black spandex undersuit. (http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/11277 - for those that are interested). It looks like neoprene but is a lot lighter and breathes. I am securing the armour with Loctite Superflex Gel about 1 inch in from the edge and then Aquaseal Urethane Repair for the edges. Not so sure about the Aquaseal - it's still tacky after a couple of days is some places and not so sure about the Locite as I managed to pull a test piece off the Spandex. So I guess I'll see what happens in the long run.

Thanks for that - I have the same armour kit from coofunkcurly. But I am sticking mine to a 4 way stretch vinyl matte black spandex undersuit. (http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/11277 - for those that are interested). It looks like neoprene but is a lot lighter and breathes. I am securing the armour with Loctite Superflex Gel about 1 inch in from the edge and then Aquaseal Urethane Repair for the edges. Not so sure about the Aquaseal - it's still tacky after a couple of days is some places and not so sure about the Locite as I managed to pull a test piece off the Spandex. So I guess I'll see what happens in the long run.

I'm assuming you're making your own undersuit?or having some one else make it? What pattern? What's the process with doing this? Thanks and that materiel looks great!! Very interested

I'm assuming you're making your own undersuit?or having some one else make it? What pattern? What's the process with doing this? Thanks and that materiel looks great!! Very interested

I don't want to hijack this thread. It' belongs to 1badevo9 and is about his build not mine. However, hopefully he will indulge me one last time.here is a link to an undersuit design

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=284344.

Find yourself a tailor or dressmaker, show them the above pics, get them to measure you up, order the amount of your chosen undersuit material based on their measurements and have them make the undersuit for you. You might like to add a zipper in the wrist, ankles(if you go full leg) and the crotch. Spandex world will allow you to purchase a sample swatch of cloth if you wish to examine the material before you buy.

Here's my finished suit
Begins Suit.jpg

Exactly what GasmanR said with the undersuit. I used that link as reference to my undersuit which I had made by a seamstress to my measurements. Now on to the finished product :D These photos were from Wizard World here in Des Moines this past weekend. Enjoy!
11538137_894586047281192_8894648989096921764_o.jpg10425354_10100242227802414_4874364380300572493_n.jpg10922600_10100242228116784_3952681646843312785_n.jpg11426720_10100242228146724_61493357286448557_n.jpg

Here's a video from Wizard World that I attended. The 1min 30sec mark is where I get asked a question and I get to do the Batman voice lol. After you get a nice look at the suit and how well the hero cape flows when I walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back