Batman Begins Glove....UPDATE..12.1...GLOVES ARE READY..

powergyser

hey guys

my glove is based on the exhibition version. the factory screwed up my design a little. its not supposed to be glued all the way plus the gluing job is all over the place. i hate when they can't follow simple instructions. And right now the glove is 3mm thick (i asked for 2mm). i don't know but it seems too much and the holes should have been 2mm in diameter and not 1mm like in the pictures..oh well, back to the drawing board. At least they got the hole pattern right. i'll keep ya guys posted. comments are welcome :)

Last edited:
Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....

I´m not into Batman stuff at all but nice attention to details... :):thumbsup

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE...9.18..NEW SAMPLE ADDED

another sample just got in:

this one has the wrong hole pattern and is just 1mm thick.... more samples are on the way.

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.18..NEW SAMPLE ADDED

I think the new ones came out a lot nicer since they're not as thick. Looks good!

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.18..NEW SAMPLE ADDED

abomination glove is in..... what the hell??..i don't even have words for this...can you guys see a pattern here???? the gloves are getting worse with each sample.... at this rate, i am expecting the next sample to be a sheet with some hand-drawn holes on it... its frustrating

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.20..NEW ABOMINATION ADDED

Wow that's bad. The first ones were pretty good although a bit too thick.

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.20..NEW ABOMINATION ADDED

I agree with Mr K, the first batch looked spot on but for the thickness. At least the pattern was there .
I'm sure your patience will pay off, when you get a pair which are spot on :thumbsup

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.23.....A NEW HOPE..

a new sample is in. pics are too small but they don't have any better ones right now.... the holes are missing but they just want to confirm the style before they make the holes.. it is from the same company that brought me the abomination glove, so kudos to them for stepping it up. still, many things that bother me like the white stuff underneath the neo. no idea what it is and never asked for it. the material doesn't look like neoprene as well. sewing method needs to change eventually. at least they got the finger bow thing accurate. besides that its not too bad. thickness and sizing seem ok.

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.23....A NEW HOPE..

The originals do look pretty thick :

BB_0799

And definitely are neoprene. But if it's TOO thick than you can't even move your fingers lol

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.23....A NEW HOPE..

@ MR. K

thanks for that pic..i have several others and they made at least 2 different versions.... the hole pattern also slightly varied from glove to glove..i am going after the thicker version so that's why i need the glove to be at least 2mm... i ll keep you guys posted

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..9.28....

and another one

we are getting closer. the secret of this glove is the bottom part.... i am gonna have it made even wider so that the holes are better centered.. i ll work on accurate hole positioning later... more samples to come

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..10.1...

here is the current situation:

the glove is basically done.. it's still not exactly the way i wanted them to be but i already spent too much on all the samples and at one point, i just had to let it be but i do like the current design a lot and approved for manufacturing.

i also wanted the fingers to be glued in as opposed to being stitched but it just didn't look right so i opted for the stitching

the only thing left to do is put the holes in there.. i reworked the finger hole pattern to match the ones seen on screen and not on display models. stay tuned for pics in the coming days

Re: Batman Begins Glove Sample is in....UPDATE..10.1...

here it is:

info on pricing comes as soon as i get the shipment. thanks goes to all that helped me on this project... thanks guys

Re: Batman Begins Glove is done....UPDATE..11.3...FINAL GLOVE DESIGN ADDED..

small update:

gloves are in full production now. i am expecting the entire shipment by the end of this month.

still waiting for the entire shipment to arrive.... i'll keep you guys posted

gloves came in a few hours ago...

some changes were made and i would like to explain a few things

1: neoprene: it's actually better then what i wanted them to use.. much softer and better surface color plus thicker (2mm now, the old one was 1.5)...really loving the way it looks now

2: holes: they added more holes plus they are much smaller... now the fingers are more accurate to the gloves used in the movie but the sizing of the holes is off.... according to them it was a neoprene shrinkage problem.

3: Sizing: the quantity that i ordered is pretty low so i could not get the gloves made in various sizes. it's only one size.. although the glove is labeled as size M, the actual feel is more like an L size.

here is the new glove:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back